Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Need more power!

Old 04-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Tu Papi Chulo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need more power!

If anyone fucks up this thread I swear to God I will see to it that you get banned!

I totally agree the t67 is wayyy to laggy, As far as what i want the car to be ( drag/street) it doesnt matter it would be nice to still drive it everyday i just thought 550 to 600 awhp would be alot of fun. Also instead of AEM couldnt i just use a maf translator and that would take care of the 2g maf or atleast thats what P. smurf said and stacy did
Sounds like you are still confused about what you want to do. Knowing if you want a street car or drag car is a very important decision, and you need to make it before you start randomly buying parts. I honestly have yet to see a car making that much hp drive everyday in my limited experience I have come to realize that there is like a boundary hp wise where the line is drawn between reliable and unreliable.
As far as the maf translator goes... I have seen that it takes a lot of patience to dial that in correctly my room mates took it out of their car in favor of the map sensor for the AEM. If you want real world experience ask imdeadsexy he has a gm maf and translator set up with the dsm link you can ask him what kind of problems he is having.

PS please post a link to Stacy's ride. never heard of him/her.

IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FROM CHASE PM ME!!
Old 04-09-2006, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dario99gst
If anyone fucks up this thread I swear to God I will see to it that you get banned!

If you want real world experience ask imdeadsexy he has a gm maf and translator set up with the dsm link you can ask him what kind of problems he is having.

PS please post a link to Stacy's ride. never heard of him/her.

last time i heard him saying he wants to sell his DSM link and go AEM
Old 04-09-2006, 09:34 PM
previously SLOWBOOST

What times are you running before you start worrying about getting 600hp.

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by SLOWBOOST
What times are you running before you start worrying about getting 600hp.

i dont think that is real important ... you see that mitsubuc guy running 10s with a gutted to hell car and stock turbo ... some people want to have high horse power cars and be able to run on the street and still be fast .... we all know if mitsu buc came out on the street he would not be that fast
Old 04-09-2006, 09:45 PM
previously SLOWBOOST

Joe had a street car and was running low 11s with it. Theres no point in having all that horsepower if you dont know how to put good use to it. Like 29298398hp supras that cant run worth a shit, but oh yeah, wait till about 80 mph and then they come to a good use.

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Tu Papi Chulo

you have a point. I said that in the other thread...

for some reason he wants 550-600hp. what scares me is if he doesn't know how to drive it. especially if he doesn't have diffs that car will skateboard all over the place. And a drastic jump in hp is scary since the car acts totally different.

IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FROM CHASE PM ME!!
Old 04-09-2006, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by SLOWBOOST
Joe had a street car and was running low 11s with it. Theres no point in having all that horsepower if you dont know how to put good use to it. Like 29298398hp supras that cant run worth a shit, but oh yeah, wait till about 80 mph and then they come to a good use.

good point but that just seems to be the problem with all supras

i would like to see his car run a mid to high 11 second car from a 20 or 40 and see how it does ....
Old 04-09-2006, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dario99gst
you have a point. I said that in the other thread...

for some reason he wants 550-600hp. what scares me is if he doesn't know how to drive it. especially if he doesn't have diffs that car will skateboard all over the place. And a drastic jump in hp is scary since the car acts totally different.

basically it will be like when john was driving miguels car
Old 04-09-2006, 09:53 PM

He mentioned getting a precision brand turbo. Havnt people had these brand turbo's go out on them early? I think most people just have a problem with the oil in and return lines so make sure you plumb the oil lines right if you use the precision....
Old 04-09-2006, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by bagabonesGSX
He mentioned getting a precision brand turbo. Havnt people had these brand turbo's go out on them early? I think most people just have a problem with the oil in and return lines so make sure you plumb the oil lines right if you use the precision....

i have heard great things about there turbo's i think its always user error