Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

6 bolt n/a block in a 2g

Old 11-10-2005, 12:38 PM
call me Gangsta boo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 bolt n/a block in a 2g

Well we all know I'm clueless right?? So help me out.

Do I (and by "I" I mean the man I'm paying) need to wire up a 1g CAS when putting the 6 bolt n/a block into my 2g??? Or is the stock CAS on the drivers side fine?

I'm just trying to buy a stock 2g head and I need to know exactly what I need so I can get the beast running again. It's been a year.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Shake n' Bake

6 bolt N/A? which motor are you talking about? on my 6 bolt 4G63 in my 2G the CAS is on the pass side....

Old 11-10-2005, 01:50 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

yes you have to wire a 1g cas if you want to drop a 6bolt in unles u put a hyundai sonata 1998 2.0 in then they have a crank sensor me and jerry call it a 6bolt 7 bolt

Brothers
A.K.A
Rob and Dave
Old 11-10-2005, 09:38 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

I don't really want to drag this thread off topic, but since your question has been anwered, are you going to be running on the stock NA internals? The last I read about them the ringlands are very close to the piston crown and won't hold up to much detonation, considering that's the usual cause of failure of the stock cast pistons, ringlands cracking. What are you going to be doing with this engine? As long as you avoid detonation at all costs it should be ok, I guess.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:50 AM
call me Gangsta boo

Most likely, I'll be selling the car. I've had it since 1999 and after having it sit for the past year and the trouble I've had with mechanics, it's time to move on. The only reason I've gone through the trouble of swapping in the 6 bolt is because the guy working on it already had one at the shop.

He had told me that he was planning on swapping the pistons and all the new parts that I had in my 7bolt block to the new one.