Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Mitsu tech/TBDSM project car?

Old 09-09-2005, 08:31 AM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mitsu tech/TBDSM project car?

It seems like every other forum is putting together a project car, it seems like it would be nice to get one going in this forum and on TBDSM. I think DSMers have at least as many spare parts laying around as some of the other guys and this kind of project sounds like a lot of fun . We could do it like the Honda guys, where on the big stuff everybody gets their parts back at the end after the inevitable tech forums showdown.

To start off, I'll list off a few of the parts I'd be willing to donate/lend:
-ACT 2600 PP
-Stock AWD flywheel that may or may not be usable, has a fresh resurface but it may have been resurfaced too many times.
-1g manifold and o2 housing
-6 bolt block with 155 compression in 3 cylinders but 80 compression in one cylinder- not sure how we could use this, better to find a good stock block, but hell, I'll list it.
-Stripped down 6 bolt head with the parts in little baggies- again, finding a good stock head would be better, but it's there if we can't find one
-Stock head bolts
-91 (?) awd tranny, supposedly a broken shift fork, needs a rebuild
-Russel Keenan's old blue 91 talon shell- it's seen better days and I would rather find a more complete shell but we could probably make it work. It would need something done about the front left suspension because the parts on there now are the parts I bent crashing my car on Christmas night, so it would need a good strut mount, lower a-arm thingy, and hub/knuckle. Other than that, it has a pretty nice blue paint job already, but the roof is scratched from me piling shit on it in the garage . The only thing I don't like about this car is that everything on it has been messed with at some point and I've found loose bolts where on most cars nobody would ever have touched anything. We'd need to torque every bolt on the car for me to feel safe about it running it down the track.
-The shell has dual piston big brakes on it and 91 talon swirlies, it would need new tires and new shocks all around because the stockers are blown.
-Probably lots of other shit I'm forgetting.

If we were serious about doing this we'd have to start getting an idea of what we want to do for a drag project and we'll have to find a place to work on it, because there's no way we can work on it at my parents' place. Everybody start listing up what spare parts you have laying around and what skills you have and we can see if we can get something going here.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Eis Aner Oudeis Aner

Im down. With the new whip I should be picking up Sunday is supposed to come with boxes of spare parts. Id be willing to donate time/tools/money/reach arounds under the car. We just need a place to be able to work on it. Id offer my garage but its already a mess plus my parents bitch enough when my car is in it. Lets see how many other would want to help out!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:44 AM
round and round it go

Hey that would be awesome. I have alot of interior parts I can give away like a dashboard and door panels and stuff.

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #150
Old 09-09-2005, 11:31 AM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Originally Posted by Ender.
Im down. With the new whip I should be picking up Sunday is supposed to come with boxes of spare parts. Id be willing to donate time/tools/money/reach arounds under the car. We just need a place to be able to work on it. Id offer my garage but its already a mess plus my parents bitch enough when my car is in it. Lets see how many other would want to help out!
Excellent. If we get enough people involved it shouldn't take long at all, just a couple of weekends when the parts come together. I forgot to add that I have access to a cheap wire feed welder if nobody else has a better one, and I could weld if there was really nobody else to do it but I'm far from an expert, so hopefully somebody steps up with a better rig and some experience. Also, if we can get an eprom ecu I can socket it and we could rom tune it, I'd prefer not to handle the actual fuel/timing because I haven't even tuned my own car yet but there's a easy program that lets you do fuel and timing maps in a GUI interface, and anybody that has tuning experience could pick that up pretty quickly. I'd be down for letting the group use my datalogger cable and laptop w/tmo and the burner to take care of any tuning needs.

Originally Posted by Skyline Driver 5
Hey that would be awesome. I have alot of interior parts I can give away like a dashboard and door panels and stuff.
That's the spirit, but we'll more than likely be taking those out rather than putting them in . The best part about a budget track only car is ripping out as much weight as possible- ah, that would probably be my favorite part of the project.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Boom Goes The Dynomite

if we need a shell i have a extra galant vr4 shell we could use

United States Air Force!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Boom Goes The Dynomite

ill donate my time to work on it as well

United States Air Force!
Old 09-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Ian

I would be more than willing to help work on it, i don't have many spare parts though
Old 09-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Ian

i can also weld fairly decent if nobody else can
Old 09-09-2005, 03:41 PM
www.myspace.com/filjar

Originally Posted by tampatsi21
I would be more than willing to help work on it, i don't have many spare parts though
+1

I only have stock 2g parts. Some blown 2g shocks, 2g springs, a t25 stock 2g sidemount, etc... You get the point, I'd so be down for helping work on it though.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Resident Dingo

when it's done we can all make bets on how long it will run!