Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

help me plz

Old 08-30-2004, 04:52 PM
Retard User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

even if i git the block machined and pu all peformance internals and then git a nice turbo kit?
Old 08-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

No i dont think it is worth it. If you want to go fast buy one that was meant to go fast from the start. Stock 1g turbo blocks have produced over 500hp. do you need more than that.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Retard User

danm alright well i guess ill look into a gst then well thx for the info cya around
Old 08-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Time will tell

buy a jdm 1st gen jdm motor, they r pretty cheap in some places ive seen, and u say money aint an object and u wanna go fast, thats prolly ur best bet in my opinion (as uneducated as it is lol)
Old 08-30-2004, 07:03 PM
4G63

Well, if you blew up the first motor... I feel that you should learn how to maintain a vehicle, and learn how a internal combustion engine works... More importantly, learn what not to do. DSM N/As just don't BLOW UP. I have a 185K mile N/A with SPRAY... (ran it one time with no oil) it still runs strong. If you blew a N/A youre gonna blow the turbo for sure. 16 years old? You have a long way to go. Start small and "work" your way up. There is no short cut. But there is a great deal of land (Lots) still available for sale... they even come with these niffty stones with your name on them. If you want to do it right start at the bottom... make it run well there then move to the turbo model. Can't run before you walk. There are lessons to be learned along the way that you can't learn taking short-cuts. Skip steps... and you'll end up dead... or even killing someone else trying to be cool.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:07 PM

i say push it into a lake ant start over with a factory GST.
mods on that will be a hell of a lot more reliable that boosting a hand built motor. much cheaper as well.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

Originally posted by arsoniq26
buy a jdm 1st gen jdm motor, they r pretty cheap in some places ive seen, and u say money aint an object and u wanna go fast, thats prolly ur best bet in my opinion (as uneducated as it is lol)

Dont know why he would do that when it wont go in a 2g.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:59 AM
Boom Goes The Dynomite

ok here is my input on this..

Im only two years older than you and I at one time was in your shoes. Right now Ill ask that you do alot of reading, all of the questions you have, have been asked numerous times and have been awnsered again and again so please search by clicking on the search button thats what its there for. A few other sites to look at are VFAQ.com this site will help with most of the questions you have, Tampabay.dsm.org this is the local dsm forum and most who post here on tr post on tampa dsm use that site to search as well, howstuffworks.com use this site and look up basic things, how a trubo, tranny, and engine work so that you gain some basic knowllege. Once you have done your reading then you should start asking here for help with things you dont understad/cant find. For the most part all the DSMers here are good guys with a good knowelege of cars are will be willing to help. In the two years ive been doing this i have learned a ton. it started with the basic stuff, than it got more and more in depth, now im learning how to rebuld an engine with the help of another guy on this site. So please read then post. You should definitlly look into getting a 1g gst or gsx, you will have alot more fun with it and you will be able to make it alot faster than your 2g n/a.

P.S.
Please what ever you do dont rice out your car

United States Air Force!
Old 08-31-2004, 09:07 AM
F*ck da rent, get the Lex

ill sell you my eclipse. 97 gst 1g head 2.3l stroker kit, t3/04

03 Infiniti G35
01 Lexus IS 300
99 Acura TL - for sale
96 Honda Civic DX - for sale
Old 08-31-2004, 11:12 AM

Default Re: help me plz

Originally posted by thewldisyurs
ya im new at this i just started racing i just turned 16 well anyways i bought a 95 eclipse gs and i blew the moter already ok now i was wondering what what some people thought i should do maby rebuild a new motor for turbo? any sugestions will be helpfull thx
learn how to maintain a car - if you can't even maintain a n/t model how do you expect to get maintain a turbo dsm ? My suggestion to you get a honda !