Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Anybody in here?

Old 07-19-2004, 06:00 AM
Omnipotence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody in here?

I'm bored, let's talk dsm's. Anyone have any problems with their dsm latly, any idea's to discuss or future plans or just something to bs about dsm related?
Old 07-19-2004, 06:03 AM
Drives a cowboy corvette

i have an oil pan leak ... and a weird idle for about 30 sec after a start my car in the morning
Old 07-19-2004, 06:06 AM
Omnipotence

On what kind of car? The gs-t in your sig? Oil pan fix is easy. Just go to auto-zone and get some grey rtv, drop the dp, pull the pan, clean it off and the block with a razor, put a new seal of rt-v down and bolt it all back up. Vwalah. And the idle problem could be a couple things, are you saying it does an idle surge? Do you have a datalogger at all or someone who does who might be able to see if your throwing any codes.

Just take extra care and double check everything with the oil pan. I ended up having mine leak out the oil return and didn't notice it cause I had just put heat wrap on so the smoke was suposed to be part of the curing process, yea well I spun a rod bearing. Just remember there are two short bolts on the timing side of the oil pan, if you put the long ones in it will hit and shred your timing belt.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:11 AM
Drives a cowboy corvette

yeah it surges from as high as 1200 rpms to as low as 300 rpms... and itf you dont wamr it for 30 at least 30 sec ...
it sputters .. till you floor it and builds boost adn holy shit this car wakes up .. then it fine.. i ws told it may be a vac leak boost leak of isc motor any ideas? other then that the car is only boostin @ 9 lbs ... cuz of the 14b wastegate.. i need a mbc or ebc ... then id be rocking it
Old 07-19-2004, 06:13 AM
Omnipotence

Most likely it's a boost leak with what you just said and the fact your only boosting 9lbs. 14b's are good for alot more boost then that.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:15 AM
Drives a cowboy corvette

Originally posted by 4drwhore
On what kind of car? The gs-t in your sig? Oil pan fix is easy. Just go to auto-zone and get some grey rtv, drop the dp, pull the pan, clean it off and the block with a razor, put a new seal of rt-v down and bolt it all back up. Vwalah. And the idle problem could be a couple things, are you saying it does an idle surge? Do you have a datalogger at all or someone who does who might be able to see if your throwing any codes.

Just take extra care and double check everything with the oil pan. I ended up having mine leak out the oil return and didn't notice it cause I had just put heat wrap on so the smoke was suposed to be part of the curing process, yea well I spun a rod bearing. Just remember there are two short bolts on the timing side of the oil pan, if you put the long ones in it will hit and shred your timing belt.
hmmmmm starting to sound more complex then i thought it was ... do you need to sandwich the gasket with rvt

block --------------
rvt --------------------
gasket---------------
rvt------------------
oilpan---------------
?
im kinda new to this world..and would like to learn more ...
wanna help?
Old 07-19-2004, 06:18 AM
Omnipotence

Originally posted by ChrisMonsod
hmmmmm starting to sound more complex then i thought it was ... do you need to sandwich the gasket with rvt

block --------------
rvt --------------------
gasket---------------
rvt------------------
oilpan---------------
?
im kinda new to this world..and would like to learn more ...
wanna help?
Gasket? WTF are you talking about (not making fun of you but old schol dsm'rs will get what im saying) there is no oil pan gasket, it's all rtv baby. Whatever you do don't forget what I told you about the bolts!

Last edited by Ian MMF; 07-19-2004 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Drives a cowboy corvette

Originally posted by 4drwhore
Most likely it's a boost leak with what you just said and the fact your only boosting 9lbs. 14b's are good for alot more boost then that.
really i was told 14b wastegates are only good for 9lbs
was i missed informed?
also what mod should i start with ? an idea...cars it mostly
stock .. just has a 14b
Old 07-19-2004, 06:22 AM
Drives a cowboy corvette

no gasket .... ??
damn auto zone guy told me there was !....
Old 07-19-2004, 06:27 AM
Omnipotence

Unless it's different for 7bolts and 6bolts which I don't think it is I have never heard of an oil gasket for a 4g63. I'm sure there are companies out there that make them but it's not a mitsu part and mitsu says just use rtv. Nah man, a stock turbo 4g63 should boost at 14lbs stock. Where's your wastegate hooked up to? Let's get it running good and not leaking oil before we talk about modifications. Gotta crawl before you can walk, then walk before you can run.