Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

help! 87 starion...

Old 06-27-2004, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! 87 starion...

ok iv got this kid that is selln me a 87 starion... and it has 90 k on it it need some body work... and a lil interior..and i have to get exhaust and a new manifold...............and he is going to sell it to me for 500...and its runs good........should i buy it..and does this car have good potential? is it good for drifting..if some one can give me information that owuld be great!
Old 06-27-2004, 04:08 PM
PSSHHH x2

if your buying it for drifting i will give you 500 for the car right now.

and yes its a good deal, just got to find whatever parts your needing.
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...

Old 06-27-2004, 05:20 PM

nah man.. im buyin it tomarro.. im gonna set it up for drifting
Old 06-27-2004, 05:59 PM
PSSHHH x2

Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...

Old 06-27-2004, 06:52 PM

I had an 87 Conquest (same car)..... it was quick when it was running. However, plan on lots of fuel system problems, the stock sequential 2 injector system sucks. I would highly recommend converting it to multiport. On the plus side, the factory LSD works pretty well and the car is well balanced stock. If you have any interest I have a Turbo XS high performance manual boost controller that i never even used on mine for sale and I've got the ECU from an 89 automatic Starion. The advantage is that the auto ECU's don't have the low rpm boost cut that the 5 speeds have and the 88 and 89 ECU's had better performance programming than the 87's. Let me know if you're interested in any of that stuff or if you start having problems with the car. Starquestclub.com is also a helpful resource.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:05 PM

thanx man..im getn it tomarro...uh...he told me he got new injectors..so im guessn he already had the problem and fixxed them...the the turbo control..im deff interested in...how much?
Old 06-28-2004, 04:55 PM
You'll See, O You'll See

Originally posted by keyelements92
thanx man..im getn it tomarro...uh...he told me he got new injectors..so im guessn he already had the problem and fixxed them...the the turbo control..im deff interested in...how much?
i hope you got the car with new injectors because they are 300 for the primary and 350 for the secondary.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:10 PM

$100 bucks and the boost controller's yours. I'm taking a loss on it just because I have no use for it now. I paid $120 a few months ago...... email: T00L17@netscape.net
Old 07-03-2004, 06:07 AM

if i know about any motor in this entire forum it's that mitsubishi 2.6L turbo, being that i have one in my mitsubishi pickup. when you get that car all i can tell u is to make sure that the cooling system is operating correctly, if not the slightest bit of over heating will cause u to blow a head gasket or crack the head. on the other side of things, you have a very potent motor that is ten times easier to work on than probably any other car in here. the secret to getting that car to run well is to make it breathe, the first thing u will want to do is get a 3" downpipe and exhaust system, then get a balance shaft elimination kit, that combo is good for at least 35hp depending on how well u have the car running. maybe i'll post some pics of my motor a little later after i finish building it up, and congratulations on joining the club of the world's largest 4 cylinders lol

PM me for any AC, audio, and wiring work on your vehicle. Including but not limited to car audio, alarms, gauge installs, custom clusters, full troubleshooting, big/dual fuel pump relay kits, battery relocation, factory radio iPod and amplifier integration, custom harnesses, and custom standalone ecu installs and much more! If you need it done, we can do it! Don't be afraid to inquire!
Old 07-05-2004, 07:51 AM
You'll See, O You'll See

Originally posted by MightyMaxGS-T
if i know about any motor in this entire forum it's that mitsubishi 2.6L turbo, being that i have one in my mitsubishi pickup. when you get that car all i can tell u is to make sure that the cooling system is operating correctly, if not the slightest bit of over heating will cause u to blow a head gasket or crack the head. on the other side of things, you have a very potent motor that is ten times easier to work on than probably any other car in here. the secret to getting that car to run well is to make it breathe, the first thing u will want to do is get a 3" downpipe and exhaust system, then get a balance shaft elimination kit, that combo is good for at least 35hp depending on how well u have the car running. maybe i'll post some pics of my motor a little later after i finish building it up, and congratulations on joining the club of the world's largest 4 cylinders lol
elimination kit is good as long as you get it balanced. had better luck with it balanced. when its not balanced i could tell the difference. if you dont have the balance shafs in there and not balanced it runs slower than stock.