Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Mitsubishi, world of hurt

Old 06-10-2004, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Mitsubishi, world of hurt

The news finally broke in the States.

My wife is Japanese and thru constant contact with friends and family in Japan heard Mitsubishi is in a world of sh*t. I was told they have been covering up safety recalls on vehicles in Japan. They were caught and basically put on probation. I heard they got caught again this year and had been mandated to recall all their vehicles. Here's proof that things are going bad.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...tsubishi_motors

I just hope the Eclipse and Evo don't become the AMC Javelin of the future. Well maybe they will be collectors cars in a few years.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:32 AM
just blaze...

poor mitsu..

Old 06-10-2004, 12:18 PM
BoostAddict

Good, serves those greedy bastards right, considering they passed off the walking crankshaft problem as a "Technical Service Bulletin", have "Satan" Dealerships, charge rediculous prices for OEM parts, and overall in general, make shitty ass cars.

I wish they somehow sued them huge and Mitsubishi had enough assets that we would all (owners of problem plagued Mitsus.) be able to be compensated in someway...Yea right, like that would ever happen.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Hello

I thought mistu was all ready going under. Didn't they claim a huge loss for 2003, and chrystler isn't going to bail them out?
Old 06-10-2004, 08:34 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

yeah daimler-benz put them up for sale i believe.

that sucks about the news, i remember the satan dealers and stuff. luckily my old roommate had a friend that worked there so the oem parts werent bad but sheesh. i thought toyota's parts back in the day were expensive.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:00 AM
BoostAddict

Originally posted by psifactor
I thought mistu was all ready going under. Didn't they claim a huge loss for 2003, and chrystler isn't going to bail them out?
Yea, they lost I think 2 or 3 billion the last fiscl year and they announced they are running in the red this year as well.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:41 AM
Blown 7thgen... Literally

you think that's why they tried offering the Evo's the past two years? to try and boost sales and put the good spotlight back on them?
Old 06-11-2004, 05:09 PM
BoostAddict

Originally posted by REDchirp
you think that's why they tried offering the Evo's the past two years? to try and boost sales and put the good spotlight back on them?
Actually that's not really a good way to "boost revenue" up overall for your company. That's just to give yourself a name in the tuner/sports car industry.

What truly boost revenues, are making cars that are reliable, cheap, and fits most people's needs. Hence why Toyota is doing so well today. If Mitsubishi had a carbon copy of the Toyota Corolla, they wouldn't be in the red (not lying would help too). Yea, it's not a performance car, but majority of the people are not into street racing. The Corolla offers alot of creature comforts, proven reliability, and a low price. Hell, the new ones are really nice. They are built solid. You can feel it when shutting the door, trunk, etc. They are basically a smaller Camry. The Corolla is the best selling car of all time and that is what ultimately put Toyota on the map as the best Japanese auto manufacturer. I believe they are the wealthiest manufacturer now as well.