Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

i hate my car

Old 04-23-2004, 10:26 PM
www.myspace.com/filjar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i hate my car

WTF. Where deoes it say in any fucking diy on 14b install that the oil return lines are different on the 14b a nd the t25. We get everything done and weare ready to bolt this thing in real quick and the fucking oil return line wont line up. THisis the most frusturating install ever. This is 3, 6 hour trys and nothing is done. We are nowpast the point of no return because we cut my stock oil feed. I was thinking about drilling a hole so that i could line up the wholes. this is bullshit. Anybody know what they are doing that lives around riverview. My car is stuck here. Hope brian picks up his phone tomorrow im stuck and desperate. Fuck this car.
Old 04-24-2004, 02:02 AM
"ultimate lurker"

thats life...a day late and a dollar short...we all hate it. If I could help ya I would, Im in NC right now.
jeff
Old 04-24-2004, 02:08 AM
Chowdah-head

i said in a previous post you'd need a 14B return line...pay attention!
Old 04-24-2004, 05:01 AM
Hello

It really does not get much easier than the parts you need listed below. Maybe do some research before starting a project you don't know exactly all you need.

Oil feed line:
A new oil feed line is necessary to install the new turbo. The HRC kit includes a stainless steel braided oil feed line which utilizes part of the existing factory line (this discussion is found later in the VFAQ). Other vendors kits utilize a shorter oil feed line which draws oil from the cylinder head. Road Race Engineering sells a kit with an oil feed line that is stainless steel braid and does not utilize any part of the existing oil feed line. If the kit you have purchased does not include a stainless oil feed line but rather a hard line that is meant to draw from the cylinder head location, it will be identifiable as a hard line with banjo bolt fittings on both ends. If you don't have a kit, it is possible to purchase this same hard line with the banjo fittings on both ends from the local mitsubishi dealership. Simply ask for a turbo oil feed line for a 1994 Eclipse GSX.

Oil return line:
A new oil return line may be included in the kit and it might appear as an "L" shaped pipe with a flexible mid section. The HRC kit includes a blue rubber return line, which requires some assembly. Other kits may include a return line that looks very similar to the factory return line. If you don't have a kit, it is possible to either reuse the factory return line with a slight modification (discussed later) or purchase a return line from a Mitsubishi dealership. Simply ask for a turbo oil return line for a 1994 Eclipse GSX.

Water lines:
There is a critical distinction here. The water lines (both water feed and water return) that attach to the turbo do so with a hard line with a banjo fitting on just one end through which a banjo bolt screws into the turbo's bearing housing. At the other end of the hard line, it is open-ended and it is assumed that you will slip rubber tubing over the end and secure it with a small hose clamp. Then run the other end of the rubber tubing over the hard line connected to the engine block. In some cases, new water lines are included in the kit and in some other cases the new water lines are already attached to the turbo and pre-bent. This is the case with the HRC kit. In other kits, new water lines may be included but not attached and must be attached to the turbo with banjo bolts, then bent in such a way that they will allow a rubber tube to connect both the hard line attached to the turbo and the hard line attached to the engine block. In still other kits, one must reuse the existing water lines on the factory turbo and install them on the new 16G. In many cases, one must remove the factory turbo water line banjo bolts and reuse them with the new turbo: this is the case with the HRC kit. If you do not have a kit, you can purchase the turbo water feed line and the turbo water return line for a 94' GSX from the dealer.

Crush washers:
Crush washers, typically copper, should be used so that the banjo bolt is put through one crush washer, then the banjo bolt fitting, then another crush washer, and finally threaded into the turbo/head/whatever (see this diagram if confused, and look at parts 30/31/32 or 33/34/35). Some kits will include new crush washers. The crush washers for the water lines absolutely must be replaced each time they are removed (and it is highly suggest you replace the oil crush washers too). Being that there are two water lines (feed and return), each banjo fitting will require 2 washers for a total of 4 just for the water lines. If you have a hard line style oil feed line with banjo fittings on both sides, then that line will require 4 total washers as well, 2 for each end.
"J" pipe:
Sometimes referred to as a drop tube, this is the beginning of the intercooler piping that starts with the turbo. The discharge point of the compressor housing of the 16G is such that a new pipe must be utilized. Many kits include this new pipe in mostly two styles: painted black or polished steel. From the new pipe, the existing flexible rubber piping from the factory must be reused to connect to the intercooler. If you do not have a kit, it is possible to fabricate this pipe. The connection to the turbo, however, is a little tricky. It might be possible to purchase a small metal adapter from the dealer, which bolts to the turbo on the 94 GSX. Then the rest of the piping could be fabricated to fit. Yet another option is to call all the vendors and find one willing to sell just the J pipe. Road Race Engineering will provide this service. Try the others and see. It would be wise to make sure you get the gasket that goes between this pipe and the turbo.

Gaskets:
A new turbo to exhaust manifold gasket is always advisable. It should come with the kit, or it can be purchased, once again, for a 94 GSX. A new turbo to O2 sensor housing gasket is also a good idea. A new O2 sensor housing to downpipe gasket is wise. Note, the replacement of these last two gaskets is not absolutely necessary, they're just good suggestions. But the turbo to exhaust manifold gasket is basically a necessity. It might be worth it to purchase a larger 7cm gasket supplied by vendors. The HRC kit does include a new gasket, albeit 6cm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/2G-16G.html
Old 04-24-2004, 05:59 AM
I "Do" eBay

5 mins + dremel or dye grinder and you're in business also keep in mind you're going to need to 2 new screws for it because the ones for the t-25 are too big for the 14b/16g holes for the return line screws.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:51 AM
www.myspace.com/filjar

i just adjusted it
i drilled a hole in the t25 oil return line and it fits oon the turbo now so im straight with that. I just got a new bolt to plug the oil filter area. Now all i need is to pick up another banjo bolt from my friend for the oil feed that i have and im set to go. Hope all goes well.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:59 AM
factory turbo charged car

would have been 30 times easier with an install kit. but good luck anyway.

TURBO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE GET ONE. HA HA
ALSO FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK.