Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Misfiring

Old 04-22-2004, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfiring

Hi i have a 94 eclipse 2.0 non turbo, my car seems to be misfiring and i cant figure out why, i have new plugs, fairly new accel wires, all the plugs and wires seem to be firing, it does it when its idling, and when im driving partial throttle it misfires causing i slight hesitation, does it constantly, im stumpt on what could be wrong, can anyone help?
Old 04-22-2004, 08:49 PM
Hello

maybe try changing the fuel filter.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:12 AM

the fuel filter was changed a few months after i had bought the car, which was about a year and a half ago.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:20 AM
Who stole my sandwich?

mine does the same thing and i have a new fuel filter, plugs and wires...i cant figure it out either. does it happen with your slowing down but then speed up agian?
Old 04-23-2004, 07:42 AM

mine does it when idling, and when im in gear and i barely have the gas pedal pushed in, it seems to hesitate and does it constantly, and i have a lot of back pressure to, especially when i let off the gas. im stumpt and dont know whats wrong with it.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:04 AM
Seann's Slave

is the gap on the plugs correct? Are you sure the plugs wires are connected to the right plugs after you changed them? Is your car modded at all?

Judge, Jury, and Executioner
Old 04-28-2004, 09:33 AM
THE MAN

do eather of you show a check engine light? , there is a few things it could be but first you should have you spark checked I had a friend with a neon and he had a weak coil or something we rewired it and it was good as new , and since you are pretty much driving a neon with a body kit I would say check it out , does the car smoke at all the 420a's blow hg's like crazy and weird things happen.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:16 PM
Drift Session

My freind had pretty much the same problem. He changed his wires, plugs, and fuel filter. He finally found narrowed it down to water on the plug wires (on the metal part inside the rubber part) and the gap was out of whack. Take a towel and a screwdriver and wrap the end of the screwdriver with the towel. Now you dry up all the moisture on the plugs and plug wires. After doing that, if it still missfires the same, then check the gap. If the gaps look good, then do what joeyk did. Good luck. Peace
Old 04-29-2004, 06:18 PM
first

vacuum leak, moisture/oil in the spark plug wells, (he's got a 1g btw, so it's not a 420a for whomever posted that...not a widebody neon), bad plugs, wires, coil, etc....also, just 'cause wires are fairly new, doesn't mean they're functioning properly. however, i'd check for vacuum leaks if swapping plugs/wires doesn't fix the problem.