Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Uhm... my BABY is broke...i think

Old 03-18-2004, 01:42 PM
4G63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uhm... my BABY is broke...i think

I discoverd today that my radiator had a crack in it. I filled up the coolant and went to the store to get patch materials. On the way there some kid rolled up next to me...in a moded SUNFIRE hehehehe He floored and... I said what the heck... I punched it and my car...bogged... and then it kicked in..and I made quick work of him... but I was worried... I picked up the stuff I needed... on the way back my car was running LIKE SHIT! Little power... it would idle well but when I gave it more throttle.. it would bog real bad... wouldnt get out of 3K RPMs... I was like...is my engine blown... I didnt see any smoke or anyhting like that... no leaking fluids... it was running great just an hour before... whats going on... the car is cooling right now... then Ill go out to see WTF is wrong...
Old 03-18-2004, 02:03 PM
RedtoP inside

could be a vac line leak
Old 03-18-2004, 02:58 PM

cheack your plugs ,it sounded like u ran lean , i say change your plugs and did u hit the nitrous? and if its a dry zex kit then thats most likly what happen..ps i dont know any thing about your set up i just read your name
Old 03-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Hello

Originally posted by n20teg
cheack your plugs ,it sounded like u ran lean , i say change your plugs and did u hit the nitrous? and if its a dry zex kit then thats most likly what happen..ps i dont know any thing about your set up i just read your name
The car he is talking about is very very close to stock.

but not for long
Old 03-18-2004, 04:55 PM
4G63

hehehehehe SHHHHHHHHH! dont tellem.... howam I posed to make dolla dolla bills yall... Im a lil skurd.. when ish like that happens to my car... if it broke I think Id cry... Im gonna check the plugs and wires first... check for boost leaks... then... call chris again if I cant fix it.....
Old 03-18-2004, 07:57 PM
4G63

OK IT IS BROKE! I took out my spark plugs hoping it was something like a bad wire... water fell off of my plug... I looked inside and there was water on top of my piston. CHRIS!!!!!!! HELP!!!! MY ISH IS FUGGED UP! I am guessing it is my head gasket... and I never did one on a car before...
Old 03-19-2004, 07:48 AM
RedtoP inside

if your changing that it a good idea to change your belts and waterpump and some other stuff
i hope you got some money saved up. good luck
Old 03-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Hello

Originally posted by DSMZEX
OK IT IS BROKE! I took out my spark plugs hoping it was something like a bad wire... water fell off of my plug... I looked inside and there was water on top of my piston. CHRIS!!!!!!! HELP!!!! MY ISH IS FUGGED UP! I am guessing it is my head gasket... and I never did one on a car before...

lol..we will be on our way tomorrow, hopefully someone will have a gasket local. I was going to also suggest to do the timing belt/water pump, unless that was redone when the engine went in the car?
Old 03-19-2004, 12:51 PM

cheack your oil and see if it looks milkie, or look in your coolent,if there is any oil, iv done 3 head gaskets on this motor ,the easy motor iv every worked on,auto zone head gaskets are $32 and some change.. good luck , one more ????? do u here any knocken,if not i wouldnt worrie to much
Old 03-19-2004, 09:19 PM
4G63

well... it was ticking... but it ticks because of my lifters... no knocking sounds tha tI could tell... I have a water pump, belt etc... I have ARPs on the way... as well as a gasket due here thi week.. with any luck