Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

How can the most simple shit make you feel like such a moron

Old 12-16-2003, 02:29 PM
Nobody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can the most simple shit make you feel like such a moron

If you dont want to read a rant, hit the back button now.

Go to change rear pads and rotors today. Get everything jacked up, caliper off and gently persuade the rotor off with a hammer. Spend the next hour trying to get a C-clamp on the piston to press it out of the way, only to read on dsmtalk that the rear piston, unlike the front has to twist in. (Big fuckin thanks to mitsu for that one). Spend the next 30 minutes with a needlenose bustin knuckles to finally get the piston out of the way. Put the new pads in and go to put the caliper in place. Wouldnt you know it, but now the parking brake cable doesnt have enough slack to allow the pads to slip over the rotor. Greeeeeat. Look at the cable and realize i have no clue how to disconnect it. Consult what must be the text-only version of the Chiltons manual and read the detailed step-by-step instructions. "Disconnect parking brake cable from caliper" No fucking shit! Not a picture or diagram in sight. By this time its almost completely dark, im getting torn up by mosquitos, and bleeding from 3 different locations. So here i sit: tired, sore and with my daily driver on jackstands. Maybe i should just install some squirter lights and be done with it, although id probably find a way to make that harder than it is also.

/rant

"So...is there any tread left on the tire..or at this point would it be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway"
-Stewie (Family Guy)
Old 12-16-2003, 02:57 PM
Im the mailman bitches!!!

thats how it is with dsm's, the things you always think are gonna be simple, end up being a pain in the ass, the things you think are gonna be hard are easy. Ahhh dsm's, pain in the ass, but well worth it when your driving them!!
Old 12-16-2003, 03:03 PM
Ridin dirty

Ill be in the same boat as you in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully with out all the problems your having.. Good Luck
New best time @ Jennings 1:25.4
Old 12-16-2003, 03:17 PM
just blaze...

Sorry to hear that man!

Old 12-16-2003, 04:00 PM
Tampabay DSM

I think Jerry said it best with something like "These cars are tricky, but there's nothing better"
Old 12-16-2003, 04:46 PM
Eis Aner Oudeis Aner

Jeeze that sucks, Im sure youll overcome whatever problems you have and you will love your car when your done. Sit back, take a deep breath, and relax.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:30 PM
<<<Tampa<<< >>>Bay>>>

Originally posted by wannabeDSMer
Sit back, take a deep breath, and relax.
Easy to say...hard to remember when your pissed off and frustrated. Good luck alex
Old 12-16-2003, 07:35 PM

another stupid thing about dsm's i have had a few other people i know had was there cheap but expensive to replace driver side door handles break. anyone else had this problem
Old 12-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

Originally posted by LimeGreenEclipse
another stupid thing about dsm's i have had a few other people i know had was there cheap but expensive to replace driver side door handles break. anyone else had this problem

Can someone translate that for me.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Alive Yet Again

Originally posted by TRIPLE G
Can someone translate that for me.
i have no clue at all but i think he is looking for a yes... alot of the damn door handles break, there was a post about that like 2 months ago, its a bitch... and you never answered my question on how you spend 8 or 9 thousand dollars on a rs w/ a stock motor, limegreen guy... ??: