Misc Automotive For Sale/WTB Radar detectors, Tools, or any universal, non brand/car specific part

FS: Race Go-karts, trailer, and equipment

Old 12-16-2008, 07:27 AM
yeah, I drive a miata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Race Go-karts, trailer, and equipment

For sale is my old go-kart setup. Both karts meet WKA rules and regulations and were maintained/serviced at reputable shop.

I have a small enclosed trailer set up to carry the karts. It has added cabinets, some shelving, tire racks, and gearset racks.

Go-karts are in good condition, both have full bodies with minimal damage (some tire marks, but not many). These are 4cycle go karts that can run in any series such as briggs, jr gold, briggs light, briggs heavy, etc.

Primary kart is a margay chassis ($3,000 new) with upgraded clutch (will include spares as well) titanium rear axle ($$$$$), camber adjustment in the front, plus much more. Second kart is a backup. Doesn't have the titanium axle or camber adjustment, but is still a good trick chassis. Both engines are Briggs&Stratton 5hp engines. Primary engine has one race on it, blueprinted and built to barely meet specifications. Was a $1500 rebuild and basically brand new. Second engine had a $1000 rebuild done to it and has about twenty 20-minute races on it (still pretty low).

Will include all gear and components with the sale. This includes about 20 different gearsets, 3+ different clutch gears, multiple chains, both of the engines, spare wheels and tires, go-kart rolling stand (the $500 one), multiple restrictor plates for different classes, plus many other extras.

Looking for $4,000 for the entire setup. If you are only interested in buying some of the stuff, asking for $1000 for the trailer, $2000 for primary kart and new engine, $1000 for backup kart and secondary engine, and $500 for extra gear and components. Please PM me as I rarely visit this section of the forum

This is basically a buy-and-drive setup. The only thing you need to race these is the methanol they run on. This is what you want to buy if you want to become a better driver. Many professional drivers go back and run the 4 cycle series because of the preciseness that is needed to go fast. They teach you how to maintain momentum, and once you step up to something faster (like a car) you will be a much better driver.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:44 PM
yeah, I drive a miata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts