Quote on getting my headliner done

Old 12-14-2009, 02:28 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quote on getting my headliner done

My headliner is sagging in the back and half of it has fallen off my suroof cover.

I need to have it redone, although you all are almost an hr away your the only good shop ive found. Since I dont wanna be a test mule for local shops i dont know of im just going to make a day out of it.

So I need a quote and to know when you have a saturday open after the new year ? I will eventually need the front seats recovered too.

The car is a 97 Mercedes benz e320
Old 12-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Maximaniac

I see no replies yet...if Matt hasn't pm'ed you about this yet, I apologize. We are all running around like chickens with our heads cut off right now due to moving the shop to the huge new location as of the first of the year. We appreciate the drive and the good feedback; it is the reason we only employ utmost professionals.

Does the car have a sunroof? And if so, does the sunroof panel need to be recovered as well, or only the headliner itself?

EDIT: Apparently I was reading too quickly, you obviously have a sunroof by your first sentence . I will make sure Matt sees this asap. Will you be in the area anytime between now and when you will want your appointment, so that we can match up the color of your headliner with our sample swatches and make sure we have it in stock?

Last edited by kpr10is; 12-17-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:10 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I didn't think about the color matching part of it.
I don't think I'll be over anytime soon but I was considering having the color changed anyway. If I end up having to make two trips I can would prefer not but I want it done right. I need to discuss speaker options too to figure out how I wanna do my system. So I have more then one reason to come out.

I posted it here because I knew you all were busy moving and I couldn't get out to you all till after the new year anyway so getting a quote right away wasn't important.

I've gotta meet up with a guy Saturday about noon but maybe I'll just drive over after that.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Maximaniac

Gallery
The Jaguar and the Chrysler 300 in that gallery are two cars that we recently did color changes on, changed to black suede which is a common choice when changing a headliner color. That will give you an idea of the color contrast against the plastics in the car (handles, trim, etc)

If you have a set color in mind like black, two trips aren't necessary, but to do it right, it would be best if we could get a look at the car. I know it is a pain to make the drive, but 'doing things right' is why we are able to grow when others are closing.

I wasn't at the shop today but I will tell Matt to jump on here tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:08 AM

On the Mercedes, it takes about 6 hours total to do the work. It is not a "quickie". We can do a straight headliner and sunroof panel recover for $225 (retail price is $299). If you want it changed over to suede (your color choice), you are looking at $299 (retail $399).

If you nix the sunroof panel, obviously the price goes down significantly. By about $75 for the basic headliner.

This is a just estimates of course-there are a few things that could change pricing but this gives you something to look at anyway. If you bring it by, of course we can nail down a proper price. Thanks for your interest!

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"