Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

Favorite Rotary tuner

Old 05-19-2011, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite Rotary tuner

So like the title says, this is where you show love to your favorite rotary tuners. They dont have to be local.... but local tuners would be beneficial to us

Please ensure that you post up the Tuner, location, Dyno sheet/vid with type of Dyno used, and price. Mods done to the car being tuned would be of help as well, to include management system.

Tampa Bay Rotary Owners Club Member # 4
Team Decep!
you never saw it coming
Old 05-19-2011, 09:04 AM

Pete stop is numba 1 yeahhhhh
Old 05-19-2011, 09:25 AM

Scott over at mazport. lol.
R.A.P.S member number #0004

Rotaries
Against
Piston
Swaps

Tampa Bay Rotary Owners ClubMember # 5

Originally Posted by Empire
a girl just got identified by an ass pic...

that seriously just happened...

Tr is great.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:16 AM

Scott is a very smart person, just has a bad rep and is slow to get stuff done. He tuned my first setup which was a 13bre with a microtech and t67. Car made 330whp and 300ft.lbs on a dynojet at race related.

if you havent been in a small plane its worst, cause your eyes and brain say we are moving and your body says oh no we are not. eyes and brain go asshole we are moving, cant you see? body says fuck you we are not moving at all. so they fight and fight and eventualy your body says, you know what fuck you brain, see if you can stop this!! then you throw up.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:39 AM

^ ill second scotts intelligence when dealing with Rotary engines...

Team Decep!
you never saw it coming
Old 05-19-2011, 03:59 PM
I <3 USDM

pettit racing is only like 3 hours from here....
Old 05-21-2011, 11:08 PM

scott is the sole person who tuned my speed3 and fucked my motor, bent two rods. shady shitty worthless fucking guy. instead of messing with my tune he just pulled and blocked off a vacuum line to my wastegate with a small bolt.

also fucked another members speed3 up with a tune on another forum also. scott has a bad rep because hes a shady sketchy guy. bottom line. end of story. i hope to god he has a clue what hes doing when it comes to tunning an messing with rotaries, but has no idea what he was doing when he touched my car.

Beware Scott Glassburn

follow this thread for just some surface dirt.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by essejms3
scott is the sole person who tuned my speed3 and fucked my motor, bent two rods. shady shitty worthless fucking guy. instead of messing with my tune he just pulled and blocked off a vacuum line to my wastegate with a small bolt.

also fucked another members speed3 up with a tune on another forum also. scott has a bad rep because hes a shady sketchy guy. bottom line. end of story. i hope to god he has a clue what hes doing when it comes to tunning an messing with rotaries, but has no idea what he was doing when he touched my car.

Beware Scott Glassburn

follow this thread for just some surface dirt.

Scott is a great fabricator and very intelligent. He lacks general ethics and business skills. Probably common sense too, but I haven't met him personally to say. He would have stayed in business if he had a partner that would handle everything other than the fabrication and answering intelligent questions.

From what I've seen, BDC does good stuff, but has cracked several irons on the dyno. Not sure if it was fuel, heat, or ignition timing. He also does meth/alky injection only cooling on one of his cars. No intercooler.

I've never met the other two, but I have met and seen Carlos' work. He tuned his a 1030hp (1050hp?) 13b methanol rotary on his dyno as well as a daily driven 505hp 13b on pump gas.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:40 AM

^ i wonder if ive seen the 505.....

As far as breaking shit on the dyno or the track, thats part of the deal. Everyone blows stuff up... tuners/drivers/racers doesnt matter. Thats just part of the game. You should expect it to happen and then do everything you can to prevent it.

We all know Scott has issues and had issues in the past. In no way shape or form was anyone advertising for him... or suggesting that another member take a car to him.. just saying the man knows the triangles well enough to make some nice power. Im not overly impressed with Pettit, tho the only car ive seen from them is the mods and im sure thats not an accurate reflection of pettits abilities, but i still view them as being over priced and more of an inconvience to me.

One of these days i will have to get around to seeing Carlos and the shop...

Team Decep!
you never saw it coming
Old 05-27-2011, 01:38 AM
zero pistons

Is myself a good answer? He is my favorite tuner.

Last edited by Rotary Buddha; 05-27-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Favorite Rotary tuner