Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

plz help me!!! does this rx8 may have any twin turbo engine? plz answer

Old 10-14-2010, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plz help me!!! does this rx8 may have any twin turbo engine? plz answer

hi friends,

i am new member of this club. please help me by answering whether this rx8 may have any built in twin turbo engine? or does it have any inert-cooler? plz reply

um giving some more photos n details.

details:

Mazda RX-8 (Sports Package)
Year-2003
Color-Electric Blue

TWIN TURBO, All Power,Projection HID Lights,Full Aero Kits, Spoiler,18" Low Profile Stock Mazda Rims With Potenza Tyres, Dual Stock Exhaust, CD Player, Audio Control on Steering, Adjustment Switch For Headlight And Dashboard Meter,Sports Seats, 6 Speed M/T Short Shifter Gears.

plz reply

plz reply
Old 10-14-2010, 01:31 PM

need and engine bay picture to be sure, but i dont see any type of intercooler or a vented hood for a v-mount setup. but realiscally prob isnt turbo

if you havent been in a small plane its worst, cause your eyes and brain say we are moving and your body says oh no we are not. eyes and brain go asshole we are moving, cant you see? body says fuck you we are not moving at all. so they fight and fight and eventualy your body says, you know what fuck you brain, see if you can stop this!! then you throw up.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:42 PM

I don't need to look under the hood to tell you, "No." The only other engine-related mod listed is a "dual stock exhaust." Also, if you can't tell if a car is turbo or not, you don't want to own a custom turbo car, and you definitely don't want it to be a rotary. Not trying to berate you, but modded cars are nightmares in the hands of the uninformed or mechanically handicapped.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:48 PM

Fuck it. Who cares if it is turbo? Its still gonna be slow. LOL. Where are you buying this car from? The UK?
Old 10-14-2010, 09:16 PM

There is an non traditional turbo set up that i had considered doing on my 7 just cuz people said it couldnt be done. Its called a rear mount turbo. essentially the turbo is placed where the muffler goes (dual exhaust = twin turbo), has an oil sump an pump specifically for the turbo, uses NO intercooler. the charge pipe temps cool off as the air is forced from the rear of the vehicle back up to the intake manifold. STS is the popular company that has been making these kits for a few years and they seem to have successfully figured out turbo sizing for such a NON IDEAL setup. I have yet to actually see this on a rotary, which is why i considered trying it, but it is another option.

Tampa Bay Rotary Owners Club Member # 4
Team Decep!
you never saw it coming
Old 10-14-2010, 10:45 PM

^ive seen it done on a NSX but thats about it and it sounds sick as fuck it sounded like a damn fighter jet taking off
Old 10-15-2010, 07:51 AM

Those rear mount kits aren't without their shortcomings, but they perform much better than they were expected to. I know of an RX7 with a rear-mount kit...but this RX8 ad is just a lie.