Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

my FD update...

Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 AM
"a beautiful man"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my FD update...

Ok so since the last thread I made about my car, a lot of crap has been done, no performance though. After finally changing the throw out bearing in my car, it runs again, all that remains to be fixed now is an exhaust leak and the boost issue it is having and it will be ready for a tune. I plan on going down to Pettit for a tune from Cam spometime soon. I am good for at least 500whp and possibly more with a good tune but like I have said before I am scared of something going wrong as usual... I am gonna post some pictures later today of the car in the current condition after I clean it. Hasn't been washed in a month.

So far I have replaced:
clutch master and slave
throw out bearing
Clutch fork (got a new reinforced one)
2 engine rebuilds
new BNR stage 2 turbos
1 starter
3 door handle (yes three door handles, for 6 months I had to crawl across the center console from the passenger side door to open my driver door, then the passenger handle broke, I finally bought aluminum cast handles with lifetime warranty so I won't have to deal with that bullshit again)

Once I get tuned I am going to need new tires of course and I will be mounting the boost controller (Apexi avc-r) and the Power FC commander in dash somewhere so I can look like a total street racing bad ass. Also I am still on a quest to find a freakin gauge bezel dome so I can finaly finish the interior, everything is going to be painted gloss black.
I did the LED conversion for my gauges and at the moment they are running with the white LED color but I am possibly considering going to a different color later on. The bins in the back need to be taken out again to be fixed because the JB weld didn't hold all the way. I also need a front sway bar and an entire coil over system for the car... After all this it will be complete and ready to go... I would like to keep the car as stock looking as possible too but I will eventually need to open up the front more due to the size of the intercooler. I am looking into a FEED type 2 front bumper. I also need to get a vented hood, running the twin set up at high boost is going to make a lot of heat so I want a FEED vented hood as well becuase it's close to stock you can get but looks sexy as hell at the same time...

pictures soon.

Last edited by 1sleeping7; 05-16-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:47 PM

i doubt cam will tune your car for 500whp, thats not his bag. without an egt he will likely not touch the stock timing maps and overall he is conservative. 500whp is not. what he does best is reliable 3xxwhp cars that start run and idle nicely.

who ported the engine? what fuel system you running?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:19 AM

I agree.. 500whp with bnr stage 2... I don't think so. His new stage 3, highes HP is around 450-460 non-seq... maybe less, i don't remember though.... but I know for fact not 500.

Regarding EGT, I know very few tuners use EGT to tune.. EGT isn't accurate unless you get it right at the exit of rotor housing.... and very few rotary cars have this. I highly doubt CAM tunes it like that (I see more from NA guys use EGT). Most tuners I know mainly use A/F and HP to set the timing.. But setting the timing is pretty much an art work itself on rotaries..
Old 07-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Straight JDM

shits slow got beat by my 12a =)

Tampa Bay Rotary Owners ClubMember # 2

R.A.P.S member number #0005

Rotaries
Against
Piston
Swaps