Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

looking into a mx6 ___please help

Old 02-28-2008, 05:07 PM
killtacular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking into a mx6 ___please help

hey guys i was looking into getting a mazda mx6. its a 96 and idk much about them. are they good cars? last long? alot of performance mods for them? fill me in guys. thanks!!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Mazderator

They are actually fun cars with a whole enthusisat following. Check out this site for more info. MX6.com - Home for the Mazda MX-6 Enthusiast

Now I may be wrong but I believe there is a turbo variant of the MX6 motor, although I don't remember if it came in the MX6 or the Ford Probe...
Old 02-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Vtack THIS!!!

Originally Posted by Chris RX-7
They are actually fun cars with a whole enthusisat following. Check out this site for more info. MX6.com - Home for the Mazda MX-6 Enthusiast

Now I may be wrong but I believe there is a turbo variant of the MX6 motor, although I don't remember if it came in the MX6 or the Ford Probe...
^ only in the first gen mx6 did they come turbo. You my friend have a second gen. and come with either a 4cyl or V6 which Yes both motors are very reliable and great to mod and each open an entirely diffrent world than each other preformance wise. Also understanding maintance in key along with the fact not everything is bolton and at the end of the day you can be proud of being unique UNLIKE HONDAS! .

-2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 CWP
Old 02-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Mazderator

^ are you going to come out to the BBQ?
Old 02-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Mac

I am an MX6 owner(96 V6), so is ragincanadian, we are also members at MX-6.com
I love mine, I'm still modding it, it's a fun car. As far as performance goes, it's pretty quick already, but there is a bunch you can do to amp it up. Like anything else, it all depends on how much you want to do and how much you want to spend.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:50 AM
killtacular

thanks for all the info. i love the way they look without the wing to very clean

Old 03-10-2008, 01:10 PM
is retired...

I am an avid probe/mx6 lover! I had a 96LS as well too. Fun car to drive...plenty of tq to get those swapped honda's offthe line too! Like posted above though...MAINTENANCE! If that car has close to 100k look into having the timming belt, timming belt tensioner, and the water pump done!

Don't take life so serious. It's not like were getting out of it alive anyway.