Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

I need some help with my S5!!!

Old 06-05-2007, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help with my S5!!!

I just bought a S5 with a carberator on it and I would like to convert it back to fuel injection. What would I need to do that? What do you think it would cost to get it done at a shop that deals with RX-7's? There are other things that I want to do, I just want to do that first. Thanks
Old 06-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

you would need to post up some sort of pics to give us an idea what you have or dont have

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 06-05-2007, 12:40 PM
zero pistons

Originally Posted by Yokomo
I just bought a S5 with a carberator on it and I would like to convert it back to fuel injection. What would I need to do that? What do you think it would cost to get it done at a shop that deals with RX-7's? There are other things that I want to do, I just want to do that first. Thanks
Like rotary7 said, post a pic of your engine bay. First thing I would check is to see if you still have a engine harness. The body harness still should be their (assuming your gauge cluster still works). Also pull up the passenger carpet and see if the ECU is still their. Its under a metal panel that is held on by 3 bolts.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:03 PM
eats babies

-460cc high impedence injectors
-fuel rails with Pulsation dampner and one with Fuel pressure regulator (I have an extras)
-s5 n/a Mass air flow sensor (I have an extra one)
-n374 or equivilent boost sensor
-stock lower intake manifold (you might have a stock lower with a side draft upper, not enough info posted)
-upper intake manifold
-throttlebody with tps's
-s5 n/a wiring harness
-6port sleeves (if they were removed)
-Crank angle sensor (I have an extra one)
-TB cap and intake duct (I have an extra one)
-s5 electronic oil metering pump + lines and injectors (if yours were removed which I bet they were *I have an extra pump and injectors*)
-emissions rack (it's more work to emilinate it then to just reinstall it, Kevin Landers from Rotary Resurrection has tons of them)

I'm sure you still have the ecu in there running your lights/ interior so I didn't list that. I have some of those parts listed if you are really intersted, some people would think your crazy for switching it back. I'll trade you some parts + cash on my part for your carb setup if you get some pics up
Old 06-05-2007, 03:44 PM

Here's some pictures. 750 Holley

Last edited by Yokomo; 06-26-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:46 PM

Here's some pictures of some connectors that aren't connected to anything.

Last edited by Yokomo; 06-26-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:20 AM
zero pistons

Well it looks like you still have the harness and the CAS is still their. They obliviously didn't do a proper carb conversion. I think you just need to find

-460cc high impedance injectors
-fuel rails with Pulsation damper and one with Fuel pressure regulator
-N351 s5 n/a Mass air flow sensor
-N351 s5 n/a pressure sensor
-stock lower intake manifold
-upper intake manifold
-throttle body with tps's

-6port sleeves
These might have been wired open notice the lack of air pump. Question does the car feel real sluggish at low rpms? Take a look right above the exhaust manifold do you see two actuators?

-TB cap and intake duct
-s5 electronic oil metering pump + lines and injectors
I can't tell from your pictures if this was removed. Take a picture of the front housing next to the water pump their should be a black box that has some oil lines going up towards the top of the motor.

-Proper block off plates for your emissions crap. BAC,ACV,ERG. 2751 Engineeering Performance

Also because the removed the air pump. Your water pump may began to slip if you don't get a Dual alternator pulley or a YOOHOO belt.

Last edited by Rotary Buddha; 06-06-2007 at 03:25 AM.