Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

boost my fc?!

Old 12-11-2006, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost my fc?!

hey guys im goin to rebuild my 13b but since i kindov want to boost it in the future should i get t2 rotors.? if they will actually work in my n/a 13b.. im gunna put like 3 g's into rebuildin my motor the way i want it.. eny suggestions before i rebuild to have the best posible turbo 13b in the future?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:03 AM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

if its a 13b 6 port,why not just go with a 13bt?

Less headaches.
I dont understand the cool factors when guys turbo a 13b 6 port

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:22 AM
zero pistons

Originally Posted by Rotary7
if its a 13b 6 port,why not just go with a 13bt?

Less headaches.
I dont understand the cool factors when guys turbo a 13b 6 port
you do notice the only people that want to do this are rotary noobs.

anyways like tony says. spend 800-1000 on a 13bt motor and tranny. then spend another 1k in rebuild (less if you do it yourself) or if you get lucky the motor may have good compression. then you still got another 1k to get the proper sensors, rear end, driveshaft and half shafts....etc........
Old 12-12-2006, 06:30 AM
P. Star

If you are going to go with a 13bt then your gonna need a new driveshaft, what I did for mine is took an automatic driveshaft (it fits into turbo tranny's) and put my automatic yoke on my stock driveshaft. Depeneding on your welder you might have a little vibration. To convert to a turbo car man your gonna need alot but its worth it what kinda port job you going with?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:36 AM
eats babies

6ports blow, the ports are so dam small even with a big streetport it barely flows more then a stock port 4port (4port is a 13bt). Not to mention the N/A manifolds suck as much as they possibly could. Rip apart that 6port, take the 9.4 rotors and stick them in a 13bt. Streetport + 9.4 + BNR stage2 = fast ass daily driver.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

I have heard of ALOT of turbo rotary cars from PR run high boost on high compression.

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:01 PM
zero pistons

Originally Posted by FC3Cturbo
6ports blow, the ports are so dam small even with a big streetport it barely flows more then a stock port 4port (4port is a 13bt). Not to mention the N/A manifolds suck as much as they possibly could. Rip apart that 6port, take the 9.4 rotors and stick them in a 13bt. Streetport + 9.4 + BNR stage2 = fast ass daily driver.
you would have to go standalone and im guessing he isnt evening considering that.

Originally Posted by 20PSiTeg
what I did for mine is took an automatic driveshaft (it fits into turbo tranny's) and put my automatic yoke on my stock driveshaft
not to offended you but FUCK THAT. that does not work worth shit and is the worst idea anyone could have. if you feel like having your driveshaft fall out of transmission you go ahead with that dumb idea.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:25 PM
eats babies

Originally Posted by Rotary Buddha
you would have to go standalone and im guessing he isnt evening considering that.
You go all the way or you don't go at all
Old 12-12-2006, 01:33 PM

well i was thinking about doing a 13bt swap but shit thats alot of hunting for shit.. if i were to go 13bt id have to get motor and tranny witch isent really hard to get drive shaft.. rear end.. wiring harnes.. new computer.. and when it all adds up i have spent alot of money but i still have a stock motor thats pushin no more than 180 hp to the wheels..

on the other hand if i were to boost my n/a motor it would prally be more of a pain in the ass. has enyone here actually done a compleat 13bt swap in there fc? if so how much money did u end up paying and how hard was the swap to do? thanx for the help.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:42 PM
zero pistons

Originally Posted by lowryder420p3
well i was thinking about doing a 13bt swap but shit thats alot of hunting for shit.. if i were to go 13bt id have to get motor and tranny witch isent really hard to get drive shaft.. rear end.. wiring harnes.. new computer.. and when it all adds up i have spent alot of money but i still have a stock motor thats pushin no more than 180 hp to the wheels..

on the other hand if i were to boost my n/a motor it would prally be more of a pain in the ass. has enyone here actually done a compleat 13bt swap in there fc? if so how much money did u end up paying and how hard was the swap to do? thanx for the help.
i can tell you that the previous owner of my FC swapped in the 13bt motor and tranny and thats about it. i had to go a fix every other little stupid ghetto thing he did. one of those things being the dumb automatic driveshaft idea. it ended up costing me more becuase he didnt do it right. and i was stupid about turbo FCs at the time and didnt know what to look for. i spent an easy 4k in parts/labor. and i have a great car to show for it now.
/end rant