Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

Flooding Issues!?!?!

Old 04-03-2006, 02:19 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Flooding Issues!?!?!

It seems that my rx-7 has been flooding lately but, it seems to redemy the problem if I lift the tab on the radiator cap to release the pressure from the system, I have to do this every time I shut off the car or it will be had to start the next time unless I pull the egi fuse. Also while driving the air/fuel ratio usually stays stoich but, occasionly will go lean or rich so much so the guage doesn't read it any more.It runs and drives perfectly fine with the occasionl studder. I've done some serching on this and all i've come up with possiably a leaky injector or bad commpression. Could it be that or any other possiablitys I would like to get this fixed asap. btw its an 87 Gx-l has and intake and full exhaust.

I make a passive income from the comfort of my home, visit my blog, I would love to show you how to do the same

ISE Automotive-Mobile Mechanic and 24-7 Roadside assistance services from oil changes to full track car builds we do it all and get it done right the first time
Old 04-03-2006, 03:24 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Also could somebody take a pic of the fuse panel door for me because mine doesnt have one. I would like to check some things

I make a passive income from the comfort of my home, visit my blog, I would love to show you how to do the same

ISE Automotive-Mobile Mechanic and 24-7 Roadside assistance services from oil changes to full track car builds we do it all and get it done right the first time
Old 04-03-2006, 04:05 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

and to add to it I just changed the fuel filter and the fuel wouldn't stop pouring out, it just kept coming and coming. I thought once you released the presurre it wouldn't flow any more it was like the fuel pump was on. I undid the battery cable so there was no way it was getting power but it kept pouring. Is it suppose to do this??? man i'm getting fruasted

Old 04-03-2006, 05:37 PM

well the ff is below the tank and you know how water likes to run down hill

does the car smoke? undoing the rad tab will have no effect on fuel flooding but it may help alleviate coolant seal failure

time for a cooling system pressure test. glwi
Old 04-03-2006, 06:17 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Thanks, it does smoke a little every now and then it only smokes alot after a flodded start up. Yeah your right about the ff. Thats what I thougt about the rad cap tab but if I don't pull it, it won't start back up unless you unflood it. Pull it after you shut it off let all of the pressure out and it will fire right up. it just started happening really bad in the last 2 days. I need help!!!

Old 04-04-2006, 01:09 PM
whats good?

Sounds like engine overhaul time. Do a pressure test on the cooling system, or maybe next time it floods and wont start pull the leading plugs out and see if there is coolant on them.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:08 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Plugs are good, I'm leaning towards leaking injector(s) I took them out today, are there any places local the can clean/rebuild them? I was also thinging about the fuel presurre release valve made my mazdatrix http://www.mazdatrix.com/c-bleed.htm to prevent future flooding problems. I know I can make one usinhome depot parts but, where could I get the one way valve that goes i there?

Old 04-04-2006, 04:20 PM
eats babies

I'd say do a compression test, if thats okay then you might want to send your injectors for cleaning. Witchhunter.com does it for $15 a piece, they change the filters, orings, and pintle caps, plus you don't have to pay for return shipping. That valve is also just a bandaid, just pay $8 more and have your injectors gone through if that is the problem.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:34 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by FC3Cturbo
then you might want to send your injectors for cleaning. Witchhunter.com does it for $15 a piece, they change the filters, orings, and pintle caps, plus you don't have to pay for return shipping.

Thanks I sent them off today, hopefully this will solve the problem. I checked the commpression with a piston engine tester, It hit between 115-120 on both of the housings.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:02 PM
eats babies

I just got my set of 460cc's back from witchhunter for my non-turbo and I couldn't be happier. Everyone says "RC engineering" but they cost around $27/ per injector.

-Tony