Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

new here just checkin in

Old 03-11-2006, 06:06 AM
Rotary Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new here just checkin in

Hey, Me and the wife finally moved to Lakeland and I just wanted to check in and meet some of the local mazda and rotary guys. I didn't see anything updated on the events calander and was wondering if there was a monthly meet or something of the sort. We went to the Nissan meet at the beginning of the month because the wife has her S14 but I would like to check out some of the mazda's down here as well. We weren't able to bring all of our cars down, but I was able to get the FD down here safely.

Here is a link to my cardomain site with some of our cars and random pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the local people here.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/534653
Old 03-11-2006, 06:42 AM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

Hey,
Welcome to TR.and FL

The rotary community in Central FL is pretty big.
Depends on if you like drag/drift/ or just rotary performance.We have a few good shops in the area.

If you go to Lakeland drag strip on Sundays you will catch alot of fast central FL rotary drag cars.You will see Jesus Padilla out there with his 13b and 20b all motor champ cars.

You just missed a good sized Mazda meet,it was last weekend in ClearwaterFL.
We have good meets through out the year,MRCCFL used to have many of them but I think they have died out.

The weather is getting warmer,and a few people have asked about a TR Mazda forum meet,bar b q.So maybe one is due in time.

I just checked your site,Nice S5TII.I like th eintercooler mounting.You should change the rubber hoses into metal,and You can get a diffrent throttle body neck to help you out on that set up for about $100.

Is that your FD too?It looks 500% better with the second set of wheels.Just wheels can change the appearance on a FD.

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 03-11-2006, 10:08 AM
eats babies

Welcome to have you aboard. Nice looking FC and FD.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Rotary Pirate

Originally Posted by Rotary7
Hey,
Welcome to TR.and FL

The rotary community in Central FL is pretty big.
Depends on if you like drag/drift/ or just rotary performance.We have a few good shops in the area.

If you go to Lakeland drag strip on Sundays you will catch alot of fast central FL rotary drag cars.You will see Jesus Padilla out there with his 13b and 20b all motor champ cars.

You just missed a good sized Mazda meet,it was last weekend in ClearwaterFL.
We have good meets through out the year,MRCCFL used to have many of them but I think they have died out.

The weather is getting warmer,and a few people have asked about a TR Mazda forum meet,bar b q.So maybe one is due in time.

I just checked your site,Nice S5TII.I like th eintercooler mounting.You should change the rubber hoses into metal,and You can get a diffrent throttle body neck to help you out on that set up for about $100.

Is that your FD too?It looks 500% better with the second set of wheels.Just wheels can change the appearance on a FD.
Yeah I was bummed to miss the meet in Clearwater but I had to work. We went to the Nissan meet that night though. Unfortunately I had to leave the S5 back home and the intercooler was just something I had laying around and dumped in. I have a bunch of aluminium piping laying around and I was going to throw on a spare FD manifold and throttle bodie/elbow setup but got caught up in the whole moving thing.

I agree that the second pair of wheels look way better but the first pair were cheapies that were on there when I bought the car. But that's what you get when you throw over $4k in new wheels and tires that actually fit the car. I'm glad I went with the offset that I did because I don't have any clearance issue's and they are 10" wide in the back.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

So you are goin g to mount a FD UIM onto a 13BT,Did you get the adaptor made?
That is also my plan,But I ned the FD throttle body and adaptor.If I cant get ahold of a throttle body.Im leaning towards the 13BRE UIM/throttle body from a Cosmo.

Yeah the FD looks alot better with yoru new wheels.Where did you move from?

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 03-11-2006, 01:17 PM

A few of us meet at the Publix on south florida ave on Saturdays nights.Its right across from the sears/Mc donalds ...Theres a couple of 7's that meet up there with us..
Old 03-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Rotary Pirate

Originally Posted by Rotary7
So you are goin g to mount a FD UIM onto a 13BT,Did you get the adaptor made?
That is also my plan,But I ned the FD throttle body and adaptor.If I cant get ahold of a throttle body.Im leaning towards the 13BRE UIM/throttle body from a Cosmo.

Yeah the FD looks alot better with yoru new wheels.Where did you move from?
I'm not going to anymore, I sold the car to a good friend before moving down here. We are from Colorado. The FD manifold will fit onto an S5 lower manifold with some alterations so that's what I was going to do. I had a few FD manifolds laying around. I miss the car, but I'll build another while I'm down here, but this time I'm looking to go 3 rotor.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Rotary Pirate

Originally Posted by Teamcalloway03
A few of us meet at the Publix on south florida ave on Saturdays nights.Its right across from the sears/Mc donalds ...Theres a couple of 7's that meet up there with us..
Is that in Lakeland? I'm up for it tonight because we are going to get some food and we could head down there. If in Lakeland around where on South Florida, I'm off of 98 so that turns into Florida, it would be pretty much a straight shot.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by boostin13b
Is that in Lakeland? I'm up for it tonight because we are going to get some food and we could head down there. If in Lakeland around where on South Florida, I'm off of 98 so that turns into Florida, it would be pretty much a straight shot.
Its called the lake mirriian Publix(SP?)..If you go towards mullberry it will be on your left side on south florida..There will be a fourway light (Pipken/Southflorida) And a 7/11 on one corner across from the Publix...My directions suck so if you get lost just stop at a store and ask where the lake mirrian publix is..
Old 03-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Rotary Pirate

Originally Posted by Teamcalloway03
Its called the lake mirriian Publix(SP?)..If you go towards mullberry it will be on your left side on south florida..There will be a fourway light (Pipken/Southflorida) And a 7/11 on one corner across from the Publix...My directions suck so if you get lost just stop at a store and ask where the lake mirrian publix is..
Cool, I'm sure we will find it. Were going to get food now and them we will head down there. I hope it won't be too late.