Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

Omp

Old 03-27-2004, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Omp

Ok...I just filled up with gas tonight. Kinda worried, as I don't know if the previous owner was using the OMP or premixing. I removed the air cleaner cover, and didn't see any oil going in where I could see. Is there some other way of knowing if it's working? Keep in mind it's nighttime...so dark, flashlight is my only light ): And I am not completely familiar with where everything is.

So how do I know if it's pumping oil, and how long can I go without it, temporarily if it's NOT getting oil? If not, then I need to premix, and for that I need which oil?

Please help (:
Old 03-27-2004, 05:40 PM

Ok, figured it out a bit. Posted on rx7club.com got 3 replies pretty quick. Pulled air filter cover, had girlfriend rev engine and saw some dripping from 1 tube. Other tube I didn't see dripping. Revved higher, oil dripping faster from 1 tube, 2nd tube dripping slower. If carburetor feeds both rotors, I guess that makes sense...otherwise it looks like one rotor would be getting less oil than the other? Would think a pump would just pump, and splits into 2 tubes equally.

I'll give it a better attempt maybe Monday...at least I have oil, so that's good.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Anti-Flag

OMP seems to be working properly .

You running a stock carb , or a Holley with rubes in it ? Be careful if your running a Holley and just buy the T's to run it into the carb

If your going to post , please fucking think before you start talking out of your ass !
Old 03-27-2004, 07:46 PM

Far as I know it's stock.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

Illswyn,
If you want me to look at the car for you I can,im in the TNC area,mins from where you bought the car.

I made a block off plate for the OMP cause they always leak and I want to run premix so I know its getting oil to the rotors.

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 03-28-2004, 10:30 AM

I'm off Monday Tuesday and Wednesday, pending any plans made by my girlfriend. She's usually good about if I need to do something pertaining to getting/keeping a car running good though.

I'd love to see what a rotary guy has to say about any of it...I feel I'm learning more about cars in general lately, but would rather not make this car too much of a "lesson learned" type thing if I can avoid it. Hence checking the engine at 10pm instead of eating. I eventually found 2 frozen burritos so no, I didn't starve (;
Old 03-29-2004, 11:07 AM
go FAQ urself . . .

yea, yea PRE-MIX, yea, yea ! ! !

Pre-mix Good, cat baaaad!