Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

Best place to get Jspec S4 motor/tranny/ecu/harness??

Old 08-09-2003, 05:06 AM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to get Jspec S4 motor/tranny/ecu/harness??

im starting to think i wanna work on my 7 again... its an 88SE, base model... only reason is, i know i wont get $3000 if i try to sell it. But, its also like SUPER lightweight and can be lighter if i do some more weight reduction. So instead of trying to buy a beat-ass T2 w/ over 100k miles, i should just swap my NA car w/ a driveline that has under 50k miles.

im just not sure who has good quality shizzle at a decent price. Ive been in contatct w/ Japperformance.com and they seem to have good prices, just not sure if they are good or not cuz ive never met anyone who had experience w/ them before. they always have specials on 13BT's. you can get a regular 13BT, or one w/ the tranny, or you can get the 13BT plus a Microtech computer.

i think id like to get thet one w/ the Microtech, and just buy a T2 tranny/driveshaft elsewhere. also need a S4 LSD to go w/ that swap too...

Id also need the GXL/GTU/T2 brakes and the T2 suspension... or i could always get a set of JIC magic coilover from Taka right
Old 08-09-2003, 05:47 AM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

If your going with a stand alone and you need to get a harness and shit you might as well just get an S5 13B

Try nipponmotors they are out of Cali and prices are decent..

Plus I always come across parts cheap..I got a friend putting a 13BT in a Starlet right now.. he might not use the tranny or he might.. so there may be spare parts..

I got some S4T2 mirrors we can work something out on..

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 08-09-2003, 05:57 AM

Lol... mirrors... MIRRORS? i dnot give a shit about cosmetics... i want it to go fast, handle, and brake like a T2, but be as light as a base model.

well the Digi-pro Microtech package comes w/ the harness and what nots...

and i dont want S5 for a few reasons:

-S5 has lightweight rotors, meaning they arent as durable as S4
-S5 has electric OMP, which fails suddenly, rather than over time like S4's, which will give you time to catch it.

those are just the main reasons... i know the S5 turbo is a little better than the S4.. but it doesnt matter when itll end up w/ a T04S anyhow

Ted Koseki was telling me one time how everyone who builds hi-perf 13b's wants to use the Zenki rotors (i think thats what they call the S4 rotors) cuz they are more durable and can make more power. the Kouki/S5 rotors allow the motor to redline at 8000 because they took weight out of the rotors, meaning they arent as sturdy as the old ones.

i think the only things iw ant to do to my car taht are noticable are:
Advan SA-3 "R", 17x8 w/ the Red lip
Coil overs
Side skirts
chin spoiler
Scoot Hood for cooling purposes only.

hell, after iget a big FMIC, im gnona anodize it black so you cant see it anyhow.

the only tell tale sign of a turbo car i the exorbitantly large 3" exhaust... Its gonna be a Jspec-style N1 exhaust. I never see any US cars w/ the Jspec N1 singles, hell, i hardly EVER see any US cars w/ Singles, Period. they always go for the duals.
Old 08-09-2003, 06:09 AM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

Originally posted by flubyux2
Lol... mirrors... MIRRORS? i dnot give a shit about cosmetics... i want it to go fast, handle, and brake like a T2, but be as light as a base model.

well the Digi-pro Microtech package comes w/ the harness and what nots...

and i dont want S5 for a few reasons:

-S5 has lightweight rotors, meaning they arent as durable as S4
-S5 has electric OMP, which fails suddenly, rather than over time like S4's, which will give you time to catch it.

those are just the main reasons... i know the S5 turbo is a little better than the S4.. but it doesnt matter when itll end up w/ a T04S anyhow

Ted Koseki was telling me one time how everyone who builds hi-perf 13b's wants to use the Zenki rotors (i think thats what they call the S4 rotors) cuz they are more durable and can make more power. the Kouki/S5 rotors allow the motor to redline at 8000 because they took weight out of the rotors, meaning they arent as sturdy as the old ones.

i think the only things iw ant to do to my car taht are noticable are:
Advan SA-3 "R", 17x8 w/ the Red lip
Coil overs
Side skirts
chin spoiler
Scoot Hood for cooling purposes only.

hell, after iget a big FMIC, im gnona anodize it black so you cant see it anyhow.

the only tell tale sign of a turbo car i the exorbitantly large 3" exhaust... Its gonna be a Jspec-style N1 exhaust. I never see any US cars w/ the Jspec N1 singles, hell, i hardly EVER see any US cars w/ Singles, Period. they always go for the duals.
Yes S5 rotors are lighter..
I have not heard 1 person say not to use them cause they are any less durable..You would figure they would be better for higher RPM range just maybe get them balanced and checked for clearance..

I posted the mirror thing cause thats the only spare part that I know I have for the FC unless I decide to sell the car..

and you have alot of things listed if your not worried about cosmetics.. why would you start off with S4 6 port..if your planning on boosting it?

I cant belive you havent seen any cars in the US with just a single N1.. you need to get back to RX7CLUB and check it out..people run them on the drivers side or pass side..

Im personally not in the "lets be like in Japan scene" I just go for what I like..

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 08-09-2003, 06:23 AM

I have a lot of things listed, but its actually functional stuff...

Im not starting out w/ a 6 port, im talking about swapping in a real 13BT, not turbo-ing a 6port. im talking about using a base model chassis cuz they are lighter than any other. My car weighs 2720 with a FULL interior, spare, jack, tool kit, and 215 LB driver... and its the 2+2 interior, not the storage bins. all i have to do is do soem more weight reduction, and i can get it down to featherweight status, easy as pie.

My supra is far from lightweight and nimble... thats kinda why i want to get back into my FC. theres a problem (multiple problems, really) considerring that its a Base model:

Single pot brakes
Small anti-sway bars
4 lug hubs
14" phone dial rims
Open diff

so id like to take care of that stuff. really, id be willling to do the brakes/suspension/wheels swap first... and hold off on the motor swap... you know?

i actually want a set of Vert rims for the time being... they are freakin LIGHT weight yo... and i dont think they look that bad.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:38 PM
Turbo>NA

I'll have a parts car for sale. there are a lot of mods on the car. pix will be on the mazda tech forum.
1990 R32 Skyline (RB25 powered )GONE
1987 Toyota Corolla GTS (NEVER DIE)

anti-oval drift association