Local Events Local Events and forum meets happening in the Central florida / Tampa / St Pete area.

Fred Howard Park Meet! April 11th!

Old 04-04-2010, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fred Howard Park Meet! April 11th!

Derek and I have been planning this meet for a long time, and it's finally here! The TunerConcepts Network Grand Opening Meet! It is open for anyone to come and hang out and have a good time with the TCN group! The meet will be held at Fred Howard Park in Tarpon Springs.

It will be held on Sunday, April 11th! Plans:

Everyone will meet at Fred Howard Park at Shelter / Pavilion #9 at 11:30 a.m. We ask that you don't show up before 11:30 because the staff will be there setting it up and getting things ready for the meet to go smoothly.

The park does NOT allow any alcohol into the park, so please respect that as it's going to leave a bad name for our site. After we're done eating and hanging out what whatnot, we'll cruise down the causeway at the park, and all park at the end on the causeway. From there you can go swimming (if it's warm enough ), play football, go fishing, do whatever, it's a beach, have fun! Right now I'm in the process of working with the Park Ranger to get reserved spots ON the causeway so there won't be any problems parking together when we cruise out there, but it's not 100% confirmed yet, but we're working very hard to try and get that (spring break ftl!) Once everyone is tired of being there, or wants to head out, the meet is over, but I'm sure a few of us will end up going to chili's or some place together for dinner and everyone is also welcome to come out there with us to eat and hang out some more.

Directions:

The address to the park is:

1700 Sunset Dr
Tarpon Springs, FL 34689

Since I know some of the cars that are coming will be slammed and cautious of bumps, I've mapped out the best way to get to the park and posted it below. You take US 19 to Klosterman and go west. You'll follow that down past two lights and go right on Carlton Rd. Take that to Meres Blvd. and go left. Once that ends, you'll make a right onto Florida Ave. Take that to Sunset Drive and go left and that'll take you the park entrance.

I've also mapped out how to get to the pavilion when you come into the park, and it's also posted below. You'll come into the park, make your second right (there should be a sign saying pavilion 9 go right). Just follow that all the way around until you see our cars and park in there somewhere.

Rules:

We know, we know, nobody likes them, but you MUST abide by them if you want to attend this meet. We want to leave a good name for us so we can hold future meets here. So, here they are:

1. NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS! Park's rules. Once we go to Chili's, you're more than welcome to have a drink, but remember, you're also responsible for driving home!

2. NO SPEEDING, REVVING, LOUD MUSIC, OR RECKLESS DRIVING. Unfortunately, park rules again. They limit the music to not be heard for more than 50 ft. from the pavilion. We'll probably have a stereo there with the radio or something to play some music, though so you won't go without it completely...The revving and reckless driving and "racing", will NOT be tolerated, and you will be asked to leave if you do it.

3. Obviously, no fighting. Get along with each other, act your age (we're all over 16, we should be able to act like it...)

If any of the above rules are broken, you will be asked to leave. We want to keep it fun for everyone, but also would like to leave with a good name. Tuners already have a bad enough name for themselves, let's not make it worse than it already is...

Alright, with all that said, who's down?

www.TunerConcepts.net
Welcome to all makes and models!
Old 04-04-2010, 04:56 PM
I need a new gas gauge

Nice little spot been there b4. I'll to make it out there
Old 04-04-2010, 04:57 PM

im down

Old 04-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Torque Monster

im there, this is gunna be a blast. the weathers lookin good too..

CAR SHOW
Old 04-04-2010, 06:34 PM

i will be there.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:56 PM

Cool, that should bring it up to about 20 cars if everyone who said they'd show, show. Should be a good variety of cars there...

www.TunerConcepts.net
Old 04-05-2010, 11:28 AM

ill be there, its local and im off work
94 Integra LS - DD/b20swap/Current Project DC Crew Member #53
Old 04-06-2010, 12:12 PM

Bump!

www.TunerConcepts.net
Old 04-09-2010, 09:09 PM
crx hatch sedan

i will be bringing 2 cars for sure me and wifey hatch and sedan oh and my son too
Old 04-10-2010, 09:23 AM

^sweet more hondas!
94 Integra LS - DD/b20swap/Current Project DC Crew Member #53