Local Events Local Events and forum meets happening in the Central florida / Tampa / St Pete area.

Central Florida SCCA July Autocross, Deadline July 2nd

Old 05-14-2009, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Florida SCCA July Autocross, Deadline July 2nd

West Coast Central Florida Region SCCA presents...

at the Hernando County/Brooksville Airport...

our fourth points event day on July 11th! Saturday will be season points competition day.

To register go to: DLB Racing Calendar and look for the July events on the calendar.

Here is a detailed Google Map of the event site.

Registration closes end of day on July 2nd. Registration for drivers is now online and prepay only. Everyone entering the site, including guests (non-drivers), must be on the list by the deadline. Contact me, Albert, with the full names of guests who are most likely to attend with you (my email address is in the flyer). Drivers will be limited to 55 and guests will be limited to a maximum of 20 per day.

We usually design courses that either use portions more than once with lap times around 70-80 seconds or those that do not with lap times between 40-50 seconds. If you have not been out, the runway is large and paved with grippy concrete. We highly recommend that you read the Event Flyer.

Check out the 2009 Central Florida Solo II Schedule.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Time to Climb

i've never autocrossed and am keenly interested. where can i get info on rules?
Old 05-15-2009, 04:24 AM

I will give you the skinny on the rules:

You must wear a SNELL approved helmet on each lap. We provide loaner helmets free of charge if you do not own one.

Your car must pass tech inspection, meaning the wheels must be properly secured and not loose, the tires are to be in good condition and not show cord, the battery should be secure and not wiggle around, your brake pedal must be firm and not go the floor when depressed, no cracks in the windshield, and other items on the car like body panels should not be about to fall off and hurt a corner worker during a lap

We have different classes for just about anything on four wheels you can drive or trailer to an event. Because it would be your first, you would automatically be placed in Novice class (if Shumi showed up in an F1 car, technically he would be in Novice since he hadn't autocrossed with us before).

You will need to place numbers and class on your car. You can do this with blue painter's tape or masking tape. You cna bring your own or we sell it at the event for $5 per roll.

That is about it. Again, read the flyer linked to on this post. It will give you all the details about this event site and the rules for our events. Also, the cfrsolo2.com website can you give you info as well. Take care and I hope to see you out there. I think our club does a great job of having a blast on well designed courses while also emphasizing the skills to truly become a competitive and an overall knowledgeable driver.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:58 PM

bump