Local Events Local Events and forum meets happening in the Central florida / Tampa / St Pete area.

JDM UP's Tokyo Blow Out!

Old 06-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Welcomes all haters!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bserieskllr
Cars just not low enough, you had a great wheel setup but your rideheight looks stock, not hatin liked the car just did not even see it in the top 3 for that category, posted a pic in mclovins thread for reference
Have you seen the height of a stock Evo? lol! But really, I hear ya though. It's not slammed like alot of vehicles out there. I do want it lower, but just waiting for a good deal on coilovers.

Originally Posted by bB_HappY
im not hating on ur evo at all, i was just surprised about the outcome. the ccw are sexy. i'll be picking up some very soon maybe. didnt mean to bash ur car, i was just surprised that they didnt have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd for the class considering they had 1,2,3 for bikes for paint and engine or sumthing when there was only 4 bikes and i know wheel and stance had more than 4. but congrats on the win
Nah, understandable. I definitely appreciate people being real and the constructive criticism. All part of the game. As I stated, I was probably justas shocked as everyone else I'm sure. lol! I love my wheels, but didn't think they compared to alot out there. I also thought there'd be 1st through 3rd also. Maybe next time.

Thanks again guys.

03' E v o l u t i o n V///:

Club 1320
enjuku racing
Titan Motorsports
Old 06-30-2009, 09:38 PM

first off, i had a lot of fun at the show. me and 5 others drove down from ocala just to go, and i thought it was worth it. there was a lot of clean cars and from what i could tell, alot of people got to run more than a few times, which always keeps them happy. i do agree that there could have been more classes, but i also understand that cost more money.

i do agree with mclovin and eric because the evo didn't really fit this criteria: (copied from the first page)

Best Wheel/Stance-Best wheel/best looking offset/slammed/cambered vehicle out there!

yes, it did have nice wheels. ccw's have always been one of my favorite wheels, but the whole offset, slammed, and cambered thing wasnt really there for it. it was a sick car for sure, either way, just not as stanced as some other cars there.

all in all, as i said, i had fun and i thought it was worth the drive.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:29 AM
Welcomes all haters!

Originally Posted by dehate
...all in all, as i said, i had fun and i thought it was worth the drive.
Definitely agree with that.
Hope the future shows are the same as this one.

Club 1320
enjuku racing
Titan Motorsports
Old 07-01-2009, 07:27 AM
We lol at you!

Hey guys Ive been watching your posts and reading how you all feel. And it seems that the "Best Wheel/Stance/offset" is of everyone's concern. My turn to throw my .2 in. Well I'm not sure if all of you know but there were not many at all that signed up for this class. So it made it a bit hard to judge. Second a lot of you need to define the category "Best wheel/stance/offset" -If your car has knock offs you will not win! Hence the "Best Wheel" part. Yeah knock offs can have great offset kinda like sportMax but... there knock offs. Now if we would have seen a set of SSR Reverse mesh or Star Sharks or like we saw CCW's they have a way better chance. Not to mention CCW's are custom made for every individual car. We also saw another car with nice wheels and offset but they were curbed up bad hence ruined it for the "Best wheel" part of the class. Bottom line whats done is done, my guys did what they had to do. We need people to step up there game.

All in all a lot will change for the next show in September now that we know we will draw a crowd. We greatly appreciate everyone's attendance and opinions as well.
We hope to see all of you out again.

Thanks again,
CEO-Greg Richard

JDM UP's
Old 07-01-2009, 07:41 AM
tampa car scene

This is what I hate about car shows with awards, everyone gets butt hurt and cries online that they think the guy won didn't deserve it. Stop whining and step your game up for the next show guys.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Welcomes all haters!

Great explanation Greg.

Will def be there for the next show in September.

Club 1320
enjuku racing
Titan Motorsports
Old 07-01-2009, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by richcon
Hey guys Ive been watching your posts and reading how you all feel. And it seems that the "Best Wheel/Stance/offset" is of everyone's concern. My turn to throw my .2 in. Well I'm not sure if all of you know but there were not many at all that signed up for this class. So it made it a bit hard to judge. Second a lot of you need to define the category "Best wheel/stance/offset" -If your car has knock offs you will not win! Hence the "Best Wheel" part. Yeah knock offs can have great offset kinda like sportMax but... there knock offs. Now if we would have seen a set of SSR Reverse mesh or Star Sharks or like we saw CCW's they have a way better chance. Not to mention CCW's are custom made for every individual car. We also saw another car with nice wheels and offset but they were curbed up bad hence ruined it for the "Best wheel" part of the class. Bottom line whats done is done, my guys did what they had to do. We need people to step up there game.
damn they just lucky my z's tire blew out or you woulda got a stretched ssr sp1 z rolling in lol.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Offset Is Everything

Originally Posted by jqturbo
But my wheels are CCW Classics which are $3K wheels alone (not that the more expensive the better, but just sayin), mounted on KDW2's, 18x10 with the stretched tires with 15mm spacers in front and 8mm in rear.
If you wanna go with money, my wheels are discontinued, but a wheel from the same line up costs 800/825 a piece, so I can play in that league.

I'll admit my tires are cheap, but that honestly shouldn't matter in any category.

Whats your "stretch"? Can you honestly play with 245/40/18 on and 11" wide wheel?

Haha, spacers, I wish I didn't have to run the adapters I have in the front. I wish I could claim my 18x10 -15 was real, like i can on my 18x11 -17.

Originally Posted by jqturbo
What exactly was the 'criteria'?
In my defense, there was better stances out there but maybe they didn't register for the wheel/stance category?

Originally Posted by Michael.
basically - low/staggered et's/staggered widths/stretched tires/awesome camber/car must be low too lol

Originally Posted by richcon
This is the stance/offset/best wheel/drop that we speak of.

The car must have nice wheels. Camber will be judged, the offset will be judged. etc.

Just saying.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Offset Is Everything

Don't promote a "Stance/Offset/Wheel/Drop" category if you are going to ignore three of the four criteria. Just call it a straight up Best Wheel category next time, much less controversy.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:02 PM
March2010 ROTM

@ the wheels comment.. I'm with mclovin'... doesnt matter what kinda wheels you to go with the fitment/stance issue.

Mclovin' has a good point with the discontinued and similar price range if you'd like to play that.. Hell, look at eric's white xb. IMO, he fit the category better than the ccw guy and his wheels are the plain jane Sportmaxx 002's.. o man!!

I think the judge's need to redo the class if they're just gonna be like, oh shit.. nice wheels.. we'll put him in the um.. whats closest to something with wheels.. fitment/stance.. there we go

I wasn't there (dont care) and from what I've heard from misc people, judging and categorizing needs to be looked at again...

CCW guy, dont' get me wrong, I love your car... but it's how they looked into the judging for the particular category

Last edited by skunkdSiR; 07-01-2009 at 05:07 PM.

Quick Reply: JDM UP's Tokyo Blow Out!