Local Events Local Events and forum meets happening in the Central florida / Tampa / St Pete area.

"Have a heart" cruise and food drive. 2-7-09

Old 01-01-2009, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Chris
Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm having a meet with a twist. The cruise will start in riverview at the lowes and we will cruise to a local mission to donate canned goods. To be a part of the cruise-meet you have to donate at least 2 canned food items. At the mission we will have some food and drink items available. Will meet at Lowes 10:30 and leave at 12:00 to make the drive to the mission. At the mission we will have the bbq going and donate the food there. This is a chance for all the guys and gals on this site to make a difference in some peoples lives that could use the help. The end address for the cruise is 14920 balm Wimauma rd.

This looks like a great cause and event.
Can you be a bit more specific with the ending address, especially for those of us not familiar with that area? zip code and city?

Thanks.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:57 PM

I think the ending address is ruskin fl,you can still meet us at lowes on gibsonton and 301.We hope to have a good turn out for the drive.If I got the ending address wrong then I am truely sorry.

Last edited by bobbie hill; 01-03-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Big Chris
Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm having a meet with a twist. The cruise will start in riverview at the lowes and we will cruise to a local mission to donate canned goods. To be a part of the cruise-meet you have to donate at least 2 canned food items. At the mission we will have some food and drink items available. Will meet at Lowes 10:30 and leave at 12:00 to make the drive to the mission. At the mission we will have the bbq going and donate the food there. This is a chance for all the guys and gals on this site to make a difference in some peoples lives that could use the help. The end address for the cruise is 14920 balm Wimauma rd.

Hey Chris, What's the exact ending address?
Trying to mapquest
Thanks.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Domesticated

I copied the above address and put it in google and this was the response
Map of Good Samaritan Mission Incorporated, 14920 Balm Wimauma Rd, Wimauma, FL 33598 on Tampa Bay Citysearch

That should help
Old 01-04-2009, 11:40 PM

Are there any similar organizations that are not religiously affiliated? I don't help religious organizations.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:37 AM

their is not a religious type of event just tring to help the neede
Old 01-05-2009, 08:10 AM
tampa car scene

Originally Posted by Speedz28
I copied the above address and put it in google and this was the response
Map of Good Samaritan Mission Incorporated, 14920 Balm Wimauma Rd, Wimauma, FL 33598 on Tampa Bay Citysearch

That should help
Yeah Mark that is it.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:11 AM
tampa car scene

Originally Posted by abracadaver
Are there any similar organizations that are not religiously affiliated? I don't help religious organizations.
Well this event helps the mission, maybe in the futre i will see what I can do.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Domesticated

Your not going to find to many organizations of this manor that aren't backed religiously. Frankly, there's not a lot of money to be made in this type of organization so being religiously affiliated is how they stay in business. I am not taking either side here but I will just say, growing up when my folks got divorced, we went through some hard times and we got some free food on several occasions from organizations like this when we needed it so therefore this is why I am helping. So on that side its a worthy cause. I do agree with you on some things, but this is not the place.

Last edited by Speedz28; 01-05-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Speedz28
Your not going to find to many organizations of this manor that aren't backed religiously. Frankly, there's not a lot of money to be made in this type of organization so being religiously affiliated is how they stay in business. I am not taking either side here but I will just say, growing up when my folks got divorced, we went through some hard times and we got some free food on several occasions from organizations like this when we needed it so therefore this is why I am helping. So on that side its a worthy cause. I do agree with you on some things, but this is not the place.
I understand that they do some good work, so I wouldn't want them to cease to exist. But, I don't donate or do volunteer work for religious backed organizations. It's a personal preference, and I'll never tell anyone to not donate to them just because I disagree with their views. I was just making the suggestion that maybe we could support a non-religiously affiliated organization in the future.

It's a two sided coin, I don't mind helping people in need when I can. However, I just have a problem with many of the stances right wing religious groups have taken recently. Obviously, I won't go in to that here.

Quick Reply: "Have a heart" cruise and food drive. 2-7-09