Local Events Local Events and forum meets happening in the Central florida / Tampa / St Pete area.

It's not a race, it's a rally! (Eurotrash only)

Old 11-02-2006, 08:55 PM
July - Ride of the Month

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's not a race, it's a rally! (Eurotrash only)

"It's not a race, it's a rally!"

I love how we've all come up with idea's and such to do some more things as a group together.
After talking with a few buds I've even thought about getting people together on a regular basis for say grub and a short drive.

So what about this, a MIDNIGHT poker run and rally... Why midnight? Because we can probably get away with more, haha. That and the colder air makes ALL of our cars run better

Name: TBD(Suggestions include: West Florida Poker Run and Rally)
Logo and shirts: Yay or nay? I say hiphiphooray.
DATE: TBD(Would like to do Mid-December, Mid January, when it's nice and cool)
Basic outline..

-BBQ at one of the local beaches/Restaraunt parking lot to get some grub..
--(Possible deal with Selmons off of East Bay in Clearwater for some cheap food)
---Seems like it would be a good starting place... It's a very central location to anyone interested, Tampa, Oldsmar, St. Pete, Sarasota.. Plus just minutes away from the beach.

-Meet and greet, small show, swap meet (whatever you want to call it)
-The run
--An aproximate 2 hour trip(Maybe longer maybe shorter)
---5 check points(1 for each card in a poker hand)
----Staggered departure from check points
-----No set route of travel, of course it's not a race, but it sure as hell can be a rally..
------At the end destination we all put our hands together and see who's got the best hand..

-Winners would be, fastest time, best hand, slowest time, and best style.. All subjective, all for fun..

-Afterwards, a campout, yeah were not all hicks, hell I can't stand trucks and such but this seems like an awesome way to get people together, chill, and wind down..

-Sponsors would be nice, but wouldn't be required to do anything major, maybe like some shirts, ET, PVW or something along those lines, for the winner. We don't want to make it about the prizes though, but more for the fun and joy of getting together and driving.

-For participation sake i'd like to make sure everyone would be willing to buy a magnet? Like the things we stick on our cars at Sonic, then all put them in the same place.. so we match with different cars.

-No one will be required to do anything at this event or any part of it, but to do the rally portion you must do the check points like the rest of us, just not collect cards.

Nothing is set in stone, nothign is impossible, this is all feasible and quite honeslty sounds like a lot of fun!
If you don't like the idea, please don't bash it, yet let me and some others know what you think would work to make it better..

I'd like to start a list here, for anyone who would be willing to join this event, please message me or leave a comment in a post.

Criticism is welcome and praised, any help with organization will help..

So whoevers down for some, , a litle bit of, , and a whole lot of hit it up!!!

For more info go to... Another caravan thread, but we'll call this a poker run.. - VWFixx.com Forums
Build thread
Old 11-12-2006, 07:57 PM

Bump!
Old 11-13-2006, 02:00 PM

Yep Yep, I'm already signed. I'm gonna be busy with this and the "Spitball 150 "!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:43 PM

hell yea that sounds like fun. i like the idea of the cards, its diffrent. count me in. i will be in detroit in mid january so hopefully it happens in december.
IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS please contact me. via
also email for pics.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Juice

Soundz like a great plan. Euro's meaning VW'z only? or would a skyline be allowed? PM me, thanx
Old 11-20-2006, 02:29 PM

Euro's as in Porsches, VW's, Ferrari's, Lambo's, Audi's, BMW... That type of stuff.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:53 PM

all you bastards tryin to steal my thunder.....hahaha....too bad im in a neon....id be up for this as well.....

its turbo does that help??

lol
Old 11-20-2006, 04:15 PM

I know I'll have quit a bit of money once I get back from Ohio, wich I think should be on Dec. 25th I think. Is there any way I could sign up and register Dec 10th, then hand you then money personally a week or two later ? Might be the only way for me...