Public Apology

Old 04-07-2011, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Public Apology

This apology is a year overdue. About a year ago, or more, my 2006 Honda Civic Si was customed turboed by LHT Performance. The power I made was 300 wheel hp safely, but my greed wanted to exceed what my car could not handle. So, I searched for another shop to get what I wanted out of my car, disregarding the countless warnings from LHT that my car could not handle much more. After driving around the Tampa Bay area, beating the crap out of my car, a day came where I had to move. The moment the vehicle touched ground in Pennsylvania, it was the moment when my motor blew up, due to countless reasons, but mainly due to 420 horsepower on a stock block. LHT Performance went above and beyond any other shop I had ever been to to make sure that my car was 100 percent safe and reliable. They even did things, as far as wiring harness removal and replacing wires that were damaged or badly placed by other shops, without charging me to do the job. When I moved to Pennsylvania and my car blew up, I went to a new performance shop that, needless to say, did not do near as good of a job as LHT did on my vehicle. To emphasize that, my motor blew up January of last year, and I still have yet to get my car back because the first shop did not finish the job. I regret how I handled the situation with LHT, and now I understand how wise they are when it comes to K20 motors and Hondas in general. People who read this forum, I want them to get out of it that there is no better shop than LHT in the Tampa area. If you are looking for a shop where the employees are honest, reliable, and are willing to go above and beyond for their customers, LHT is the place. There are no substitutions and I realize that now. Everyone at LHT, I hope you can accept my formal apology and I hope we are able to do business in the future.

Sincerely,
Joshua Buchanan
Old 04-07-2011, 08:18 AM
John @ LHT Performance

Thanks for posting this, Unfortunately is is very typical to want more HP but most cases people don't want to hear what's involved to make power safely.It's not rocket science tuning high boosted motors, I have been in this business a long time and I have seen my fair share of folks 'pride and joys' blown up. From a shop stand point I don't like to run a customers car to the limit for many reasons, I personally tune motors to a safe reliable state.I have found 93 octane ( Especially recently) to be unstable in high boost/high compression motors so I choose to tune conservatively on pump gas.I have tuned many 500+whp cars but I refuse to do this on Pump gas, It just doesn't last.
I am the only one at LHT the tunes, I have never farmed out tuning and never will...Period.
Thanks again to all our customers that have supported us over the years and allowing us to work on your vehicle.

727 344 1800

*Turbocharging* Engine building* Tuning *Intercooler piping*exhausts* headers* clutches ,fabrication and much more

13 years in the same location.

** HONDATA Authorized Dealer+ Tuner **

01 Type R-647whp street car w' AC - Cover of turbo magazine Feb 2008

01 K20a INSIGHT - Cover of Honda Tuning magazine June 2008

2011 KR-Z K20 powered CR-Z -Cover of Honda Tuning magazine April 2011
Old 04-07-2011, 04:29 PM
death

cool post josh.....are u back in town?

this same exact situation happened to a good friend of mine....he wanted everthing right out of the gate including 400whp...lol

well after lht did their work he wanted more!....so he took the car to another tuner and made his 400....but soon after it was smoking and soon after that it blew...lol....

i keep my car right where its recomended....even when i think i want more i just remember stories like these....lol
Old 04-07-2011, 04:55 PM

Coming back in may for 2 weeks have another year before class is done but I hope to see all of you when I return! Boca man good to hear from you hit me up 813 486 7378! Also John hope you can forgive me and we can look past this and work together again!
Old 04-07-2011, 05:13 PM
death

pm'ed^
Old 04-08-2011, 04:48 AM
John @ LHT Performance

Josh, No Problem. Let me know what I can do and we'll take care of you.

727 344 1800

*Turbocharging* Engine building* Tuning *Intercooler piping*exhausts* headers* clutches ,fabrication and much more

13 years in the same location.

** HONDATA Authorized Dealer+ Tuner **

01 Type R-647whp street car w' AC - Cover of turbo magazine Feb 2008

01 K20a INSIGHT - Cover of Honda Tuning magazine June 2008

2011 KR-Z K20 powered CR-Z -Cover of Honda Tuning magazine April 2011