What did you do to your Honda(s) today?

Old 08-25-2012, 07:12 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did you do to your Honda(s) today?

Since I can't find the old thread I'll start a new one.

My 91 Hatch has been treated to a lot of the "honey do" list items as I get ready to leave for Nationals next weekend. Yesterday I changed his oil, tightened up some loose body parts, checked the right front axle nut to make sure after the event in GA it didn't loosen up, checked hoses, spark plugs (picking up a new set for the event), ordered new OEM wires from Honda, and installed a drivers side freebie speaker from my friend so that when I drive 1,500 miles I will be able to listen to Sirius over the wind noises because race cars don't have AC. Well mine doesn't.

Other things I have done to him include install a new cable clutch, which was easier to install than figuring out what the adjustment was. Replace the passenger headlight, replaced the failing battery with the loaner Odyssey PC680 battery from my CRX (weight reduction yes), checked spare headlight bulbs to take with me on my trip, install a new stereo head unit (thanks again to Dave now I know how to solder), put the new windshield wipers on him the Rain X Latitudes are expensive but worth the money, install a new windshield wiper bottle with pump since my pump motor was mysteriously missing, fix the windshield wiper tubing since the old one was cracked, and replace a wiper nozzle which is seriously an expensive part for what it is and that was at Dave's Honda cost.

Today I am changing out the MTF and the distributor o-ring because that thing leaks the first time you have to go back in there after replacing it. Grrr. And oh yeah since I cleaned my air filter yesterday, oiling it and then reinstalling it today.

This week he goes to have his new race tires mounted because for the SCCA Nationals 99% shows up with a brand new set to run on. Then I just need to heat cycle them in. He also needs an exhaust leak in the rear section of the pipe fixed, I want a compression test done to make sure he can make the 3,000 mile round trip drive.

So what did you do to your Honda(s) today?

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production

Last edited by chi town brat; 08-25-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:08 PM

i got nuthin...waxed it last weekend though.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:15 AM

Adjusting the valves today and probably going to clean the inside up then saving the outside up for next friday so she'll be ready to go to honda day!