The CRZ - where did it go?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:58 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The CRZ - where did it go?

For Turkey Day my friend and I went up to the autoshow in Orlando. Honda was there but not the CRZ. Which I thought was odd. Where else can you put that car so people who remember the CRX can look at it, sit in it, etc. Give them a chance to get away from the hype and the disappointment of the car and let them judge it for themselves.

Side Note: The 2012 Civic Si is nice and the seats would make me happy on the autox course.

This past weekend my friend and I went to the PRI Show in Orlando - happiness is - and Honda Performance Development was there but again nothing on the CRZ. Nowhere on the floor of the whole show even. Last year the engine and the aftermarket parts were displayed. This year the Fit and the Civic Si 2012 was pushed because they are going after time attack.

Side Note: The brake ducts cooling package for the 2012 Civic is nice.

So I spoke with HPD and asked if there was any truth to the rumor that the CRZ was getting an overhaul with a gasoline engine with turbo. He said there is some bite to that rumor and that they have been working with one or two but not turbo. Instead he said a supercharger, roots style.

Truth or Fiction I don't know because who knows what they are allowed to say but overall it would make sense. Honda pushed the CRZ so hard and it didn't really happen for the CRZ. I don't think the aftermarket parts have done well either.

Side Note: Who is the aftermarket king right now? The Chevy Camaro.

A little more behind this rumor says not to expect a K in it. The Fit motor is what they have been working with not the Civic Si engine. Also if you go to the dealership when/if it does become available don't expect to drive one off the dealer showroom floor. They are currently seeing this as a performance package from Honda.

He didn't say how far away we are from any of this. My personal opinion is if Honda wants to recover any of thier R&D $ spent into the CRZ they may be moving very quickly to make this happen. Even if it comes with a Fit engine which of course will be for MPG, at least swapping the engine will be less effort. I saw everything first hand LHT took out for the CRZ to do the K-RZ, so it looks promising for a lighter more performance driven car.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production

Last edited by chi town brat; 12-06-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:36 PM

john sold the krz to a dealership in nc
Old 01-14-2012, 02:21 PM

i would be more inclined to buy one without the hybrid drivetrain.the 201 hp motor in the SI would be pretty nice in the crz i think...