New to Honda/Acura

Old 07-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Unkown Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Honda/Acura

Ok, well like the title says, I am new to this, have been build cars for 10 years plus, so i an no fool, although when it comes to honda/acura, I am already lost. You guys have so many different ECU's it is crazy!! BTW i am coming from a domestic side, neons to be exact, i have done my share of 2.4 big turbo builds with numbers hitting in the mid 600whp range.

I just bought a 91 EF hatch, needs body work and am in the process of finding a front bumper, both front fenders, a front lip, the front filler peice under the headlights, and my friend who i bought it from is going to do the paint and body work as thats his profession.
right now it is like a dark forest hunter green, but is going back to the oem paint color which is a tealish, i guess it is a si teal but the car is not a SI. has LS mesh wheels, with a stock motor, i beleive it is a d15b2?> not sure on that. i am hoping to do a swap within a month or so to a LS, and hoping to get some peoples info on this and advice/help.
what is all involved in doing a LS swap into a ef hatch. of course mounts as i have dont my share of swaps in neons and a few other cars. but like stated this is my first honda. i am no ricer, i like my cars clean and oemish as possible, i like the sleeper look and the clean look, i am not into body kits, big wheels and graphix. but i see so many clean hondas in town(from ocala btw) and have always wanted to build one my self so this is where is is starting.
I looked on www.passwordjdm.com but they really do not have a big selection for EF's, i would prefer to own a eg hatch but this is what i ended up buying so i might as well make it what i want ey!
anyone got any other good websites to buy things from?I have been searching craigslist for the past 2 days searching for fenders and a front bumper. When i get enough money, i plan on buying the jdm sir front fenders and bumpers, and then start on the interior. but dang some of that stuff is expensive lol.

my goal is with this car is to have a clean boosted LS swap EF, with sir front and rear, and finishing with interior, of course wheels will come but i have decent tires for now i will wait until tires get low to buy some slips.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Unkown Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW i like building my own cars, not taking them somewhere to get built! i like knowing what i am oding, learning as i go. the only thing i will need someone else to do is tune.