Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

the leak from hell!

Old 06-30-2003, 07:47 AM
Professional Asshole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the leak from hell!

everytime it rains i find a puddle on the passanger side of my 89 crx si. i went and checked all the weather striping, its all good, i checked the firewall to see if it was dripping threw the windshield down the firewall... nope. i checked the sunroof... nope. i can't figure where the hell this leak is coming from.

Aim and Yahoo- Inkedupordie

Old 06-30-2003, 08:13 AM
look at my ball!

i have a crx to and i get a big ass puddle where the storage compartment in the back is supposed to be
Old 07-01-2003, 12:04 PM
The most interesting man

I have a 90 Hatch and I get a kiddie pool size puddle in my spare tire compartment when it rains. I guess it is a "4th Gen" thing.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Up and running

Default Re: the leak from hell!

Originally posted by honda93preludesi
everytime it rains i find a puddle on the passanger side of my 89 crx si. i went and checked all the weather striping, its all good, i checked the firewall to see if it was dripping threw the windshield down the firewall... nope. i checked the sunroof... nope. i can't figure where the hell this leak is coming from.

I'll bet you if you take our your dash board you will see what I saw. Its hard to see in the picture but it was rusted behind the dash. It was easy for the body shop to fix. I don't know how bad yours will be.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:24 PM
B16ACRX

mine does the same thing to. On the passender side floor there is water from it leaking when it rains. But I can't figure out how to remove the rest of the dash to check where its comming from? How many bolts and were are they located on the dash of a 90 crx?
Old 07-04-2003, 06:54 AM
Up and running

There are a butt load of bolts. I don't remember where all of them were. It was not to hard to do. I can help you with it. Just let me know what weekend you want to do it. I only took about 4 hours to get it out and back in. This also includes installing my guages.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:19 AM

i had a leak in my accord for the longest time after i got it painted and i thought i was comin from the windshield. but it was really coming from an area behind the passenger fender. if you take a hose and put it up to the corner of ur windshield on the top and let the water fall like its raining try and follow where the water goes down and falls out behind the fender.

in my case there was a plug which brings wires into the car which was off so i somehow reached in there without takin the fender off and tried to put it back and sealed it with some of that foam stuff they sell at lowes.
Old 07-04-2003, 02:22 PM
B16ACRX

I think I can figure it out more if I spend more time on it. Thanks though for offering to help me. I removed like 6 so far. One on each side upper by the top of the doors and some on the bottom, some by the glove box. Iam really having a hard time trying to get the one in the center. Thats a good idea though AKK. I will put a water hose on my car to find for sure where its coming from thanks.