Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

What to buy for swap.

Old 06-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Nipplelicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to buy for swap.

Background info:

1993 Honda Civic CX with 12x,xxx miles with newer CX motor with 11x,xxx miles. (don't ask)
Car currently is mostly stock. It has del Sol front seats, BFG Comp T/A's on HX rims lowered way too far on GC coilovers.
The body is pretty beat up. Everything is ehh except the hood, which looks like absolute shit.

Basically, this is gonna be my project car for the next year or so. I want to be able to drive it 90% of the time, so long down times are a no no.

My idea so far:

Save up for an newer low-mileage LS swap. Once the swap is in, I'll be able to work on brake upgrades, more suspension stuff, getting the car looking good, etc. After the car looks good (or I hunger for more speed) I will get a turbo set up going.

My situation:

I live in a house with my wife. We have bills. It is impossible for me to plop down $2,000 for an LS swap and labor, etc. I'm looking more for a list of things I need for the swap. Mounting kits, tranny, actual engine, etc. If you think it's too basic to include, you're wrong. I'm about as mechanically inclined as a tree, so all the little stuff would be nice. My idea is to buy (hopefully) better than average stuff, a little at a time, and within 4 - 6 months, have all the parts to have a swap done. Remember, I plan to turbo the car down the road, so having the engine prepared for that now will save me the cost of replacing that stuff on down the line, so whatever needs upgrading for that will need to come in the original build (forgive my ignorance).

My priorities/hopes:

While I am looking to get better than average, that just means better... not the absolute best. For example, if a tranny other than an LS would be better for my use, at not too much more money, I'm interested. If you say, hook up the Quaife LSD, etc., that's stuff I'll do in the turbo buildup or after. For now, I really just want a reliable LS engine, with whatever tranny, ecu, etc., is best (within reason) for now.

If I need to clarify anything, just let me know. I'm really looking for some insight (if my idea sucks), and a shopping list.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Last edited by Ffej207; 06-09-2003 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:44 PM
Nipplelicker

Since I've been talking this over, I figure I may as well add this point.

Since I'm buying in pieces, I guess I should consider hybrid swaps. For example, B18C block with B16A head. I know awhile back a couple people had Si's with those setups turboed and they were making some nice power. In any case, as long as nothing busts the bank over what I've layed out, I'm game.

Also, if anyone needs any clarification, let me know.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:48 PM
Nipplelicker

And pics.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Nipplelicker

Profile.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:50 PM
Nipplelicker

Last, and also least, the manly engine with 16v valve cover. Ricey, eh?

Also features my $20 Neuspeed tower strut.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:54 AM

yea kieth got a point....i would buy the whole swap

Modified Racing Inc. (Blown99civicSi) John Solaro

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/h...t=john+scammer

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/h...acing-inc.html