Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

timing belt????

Old 02-16-2003, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default timing belt????

just figured out why the new motor (ls b18b with 98 ls head)wouldn't idle right or have any power what so ever....the damn timing belt is skipping a tooth......i have reinstalled a new belt and the old belt at least 50 times i cannot get it to stop skipping....everything is at top dead center......installed it according to manual......and no go......i cannot figure the damn belt out......i even tried using an gsr timing belt.........what else can i do???
Old 02-16-2003, 08:59 PM
KJ
bored at work

what water pu p are you running? You need to use an ls water pump. Are you tensioning the belt correctly?

Gracie Barra Clearwater Gyms in Clearwater, St. Pete and Port Richey
pm me if you are interested in trying a free class at any of the gyms.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:07 AM
Cool Runnings

Default skipping teeth

I am currently having the same problem but with a first gen b-16 bottom and top of the same year. I just cant get the timing belt from skipping. I think the problem is my tensioner. If you get your problem solved post the remedy and if I get mine solved I will post mine.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:49 AM

well i finally got it to work after at least 30 times installing the belt over and over.....boy that was fun......that was the first time i ever had a problem installing a t-belt.....as for an remedy i don't know of one but just to try and try and try i will go sooner or later..play with the tensioner....more than likely you are skipping a tooth on the water pump side like i did....and thanks again for the help!