Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

need yet onother opinion

Old 01-17-2003, 05:53 AM
Fo Shizzle My Nizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need yet onother opinion

So I'm replacing my header cause It's making my car slow ass all hell.. ran a 14.7 back when it was only alittle busted up on the bottom. now i got kick ass tires ( lowered 60ft allmost 2 tenths ) pressure reg and busted up my header some more and now can only manage 14.9's with that kick ass 60ft... so I'm blaming it all on the header. don'y really want another dc so i was looking at the greddy's, I beleive the greddy's have larger primaries then the dc. can anyone give me any details on the greddy peice?
Old 01-17-2003, 06:52 AM
Wherever I may roam...

Largest primaries on what I would consider an affordable header are on the DC JDM 4-1 header.
However if you are only running high 14's chances are that header may be too much for your motor. what motor do you have and what is done to it?
Old 01-17-2003, 02:50 PM

the oem itr headder (jdm) 4-1 would be your better choice for your b16.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Fo Shizzle My Nizzle

I would like a 4-1 bit it does'nt fit, won't clear the crossmember and if I banged up my 4-2-1 , a 4-1 won't last a week. so untill I have my head and block built the way I want it, i'm going to stay with a 4-2-1. if I had the choice it would be a dc 4-1 with 2.5 collector.
Oh and by the way, I'm running high 14's because every time I've gone to the track that header has been banged up all to hell. the car used to feel much quiker when I first got the header.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:17 PM

why dont you just raise the car up if its cause that much damage? how is it not clearing your crossmember?
Old 01-17-2003, 03:36 PM

i would go with civic311 and raise it...and is it cuz of the swap that the header doesnt clear the crossmember?
TR "Old Skool" DA member #60

Santos618 - Xbox 360 gamertag
GTA4
Forza 4
Madden 12
open to any good online games, i just suck at shooters lol
Old 01-17-2003, 03:42 PM

I just saw his car its a 88 civic SEDAN maybe thats why? I dont know?? shouldn't be differnt i wouldnt imagine
Old 01-17-2003, 05:14 PM

not sure how much different sedans are from hatchbacks and coupes but it sounds like the swap makes it sit lower thus the header is banging everything in site...could be the car is too low...a friend of mine had an ls/vtec four door teg ls...and his shit was slammed with rsr springs...damaged his dc sport headers...so i dont know if it will be swap related or lowering....i think im gonna go with the lowering issue cuz the block is the stock block and would scrape the header regardless of motor...raise it a bit...by the way he damaged two pistons due to the header damage....compression on 2 and 4 was alot lower...we took off the headers and voila...dented up to hell...good luck and keep us posted on ur ride....
TR "Old Skool" DA member #60

Santos618 - Xbox 360 gamertag
GTA4
Forza 4
Madden 12
open to any good online games, i just suck at shooters lol
Old 01-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Fo Shizzle My Nizzle

Ok... let me go over some things, the sedan is the same as the hatchback. I guess I typed something wrong because my header ( 4-2-1 ) clears the crossmember but the 4-1's don't. my car is'nt sitting on it's nuts either, I allready raised it up using H&R sport springs which fixed the problem by about 90% my next step is to buy adjustable shocks and ditch my non-adjutable GR-2's. my header sits lower then intended because it's a header for a 91 integra which is of course a 1.8 and of course the 1.8 has a higher deck so on a 1.6, the header sits an inch or so lower then intended, but I buy the header for the 91 because it most closley fits my setup then any other header ( even though modification is still needed ) so I pretty much allmost have the problem fixed, I'm just going to buy another header, buy adjustable shocks and stiffen the front alittle
Thanx for the input

-Todd