Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Little help...

Old 09-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Resident Ginger Kid...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little help...

Ok so I dropped my B18B1 in and got it running today, But since I have a aftermarket intake its very hard to make sense of where everything goes. (Note PIC) I hooked the intake to the crankcase vent and the engine literally drank a qt of oil in 15 min and smoked like she was on fire and idled at 2500rpm all the time. I unhooked and capped off the intake and now it idles nice and smooth at 750rpm as it should. After reading around I learned the valve cover needs to hook to the cold air intake I have, but where the hell on this motor requires this much vaccum that it was pulling from that spot. Brake booster is hooked to a vaccum sorce on the back of the intake and brakes work as they should.

And if anyone can tell me what intake manifold I do have too. Thanks.

2005 Joe Gibbs Silverado # 0396
1988 Monte Carlo SS 5.3/T56 and too many mods.
2003 Honda 954RR
Old 09-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Built Not Bought

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The valve cover really doesnt need to have a line going back into the intake, most people just leave it venting out into the engine bay or if some oil comes out buy a little filter at autozone and slap it on there. ( i personally dont like having that going to the intake because some smoke comes out of there and i dont like the fact of that going back into my intake )

And the the arrow ontop of the intake the pcv valve connects to, prob that hose the other arrow is pointing at goes there ( that is if its hooked up to the pcv valve ) and the swap looks like its not brand new so i would suggest changing the pcv valve while your messing in that area, its only like $3 for one )

Also, you have a stock LS intake, your motor looks completely stock... heres a diagram if you need it.

Edit: If your motor took more than 4 quarts, somethings messed up and you need to find out where that other quart went... check the black box on the back of the block and just try and see if its full of oil. And nobody really gets back to you really quick on here so if you need help google and honda tech pretty much has all the answers anyone on here has... lol

Last edited by Secondz; 09-03-2011 at 08:17 PM.