Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

93 integra GS. which is the A/C fan and which one is the radiator fan?

Old 08-31-2011, 01:52 PM
teh clit wiggler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 integra GS. which is the A/C fan and which one is the radiator fan?

like the title says. which one is the radiator fan and A/C fan if you are facing the car from the front?

there are two fans, passenger side near the transmission and one on the driver side, directly in front of the header.
thanks for the future replies.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:00 PM
i love making you mad <3

driver side should be the rad and passenger should be ac. im not 100% sure on a DA....others please chime in
Old 08-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Built Not Bought

The passanger side should be radiator fan and the drivers side should be ac. But i feel that its more complicated than that. So turn your ac off and pop the hood and look at the fans and then turn it on and look. Someone might have wired them wrong? Or wired them so they both come on? Is it overheating?
Old 09-01-2011, 05:28 AM
teh clit wiggler

thanks for chiming in people. they both turn on when A/C is ran. the reason i asked about this is because the fan on the header side is not pulling as much air as it used to be (i dont even feel air coming in anymore from that fan, CFM is way down)
and as for the fan on the passenger side/transmission side, its making a loud noise. sounds like the fan motor's bearings are out. when the car is turned off, checked the play on the blade/motor by moving it around and it does move around.

as for overheating, yes i, it does overheat after a while. i check coolant level and it somehow disappears every week.i have to keep refilling it 2x a week now and the interval is getting shorter and shorter for fill ups.

this morning i went ahead and filled it up completely with water/coolant and went to school (drive was 35 minutes approximately). checked it after i parked and to my careful inspection, found the leak FINALLY!!!

im posting another thread regarding this part..... but i think this is the culprit. found some stagnant water under this part.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:30 AM
teh clit wiggler

what i meant was i found stagnant water/coolant in the neck part of this PART. i have been filling it up with more water as i keep leaking it out somewhere so i dont wanna keep putting more coolant until i found the leak.

anyway, can anyone name this part? i might make another thread since this is somewhat unrelated to the ac condenser/radiator fan
Old 09-04-2011, 05:08 PM
teh clit wiggler

ok. i found the problem. it was the small coolant hose that was leaking (between the EGR valve and the first fuel injector) there are TWO COOLANT HOSES in there, one big and one small thats right next to each other. i had that replaced today and put everything together, even putting new fan motor on my radiator fan and a new A/C fan.

so put everything together today and fired it up. no leaks so its all good.............till i turn on my A/C and only the A/C fan turns on and not the radiator fan (normally both fans turn on when A/C is turned on)

so i have been reading in hondatech and team-integra.net on the problem and people are saying that is could be the thermo-switch, temp sensor sender unit, fan switch or the relay....

problem is, i havent really seen exactly where they are all located. i have a b18a1 93 integra and i have been getting different answers from different forums..

there are two sensors underneath the dizzy (one big and one small). and then there is another sensor where the thermostat housing is. also, in the b18a1 engines, they said that there is a sensor too right beside the oil filter. i cant even see where my fan switch relay is too. been looking around and still no luck

can anyone help me out and point me to the right direction? thank you for your time. replies are greatly appreciated.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Pops

Joe, Check fuse 21 in in cabin fuse box,

3 sensor ( which is the one You are concerned about) is located on thermostat housing. It is a switch that closes at about 177F and brings on your fan.
I would check fuse first.
2: pull clip off sensor and use a paperclip to jump the terminals with key on. Fan should run. If it does Fan switch is suspect.
3: If fan doesn't run move to Fan relay (I believe it is by passenger headlight) swap condenser fan relay with it. Run test 2 again.
Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, or missed something.
Some say the Fan switch is on the back of the block by firewall but I think that is for 91's.

Jdm b18c R LSD CRX si
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #96
JoKie TuNinG
RANGCRX BUILT TYPE R
StricKlyMT
727-510-6301

Last edited by BoostedRacerDad; 09-05-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Built Not Bought

Instead of switching relays around just take the fan relay out and take a paper clip and jump the 2 up and down spots ( closest to the right of the fuse box ) and see if the fan comes on when you do... if you get stumped and cant figure it out, take 1 wire to a side and take another to the other side, run it inside the cabin and make yourself a switch so you control the fan... Thats what i did
Old 09-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Built Not Bought

This is also a good page to check out

Trouble-Shooting Guide: Car Overheating
Old 09-06-2011, 08:55 AM
teh clit wiggler

fixed it already!!! thanks for the people that have replied. so i was so frustrated that i bought the thermo fan switch and the sender unit from under the distributor and fired it up and still no radiator fan turning on...

so i finally i looked under the fuse box on the side panel of the driver side inside my car and BEHOLD... .the effin cooling fan fuse was blown.......
let this be a lesson from anyone, when you get frustrated,,, relax, walk away and think, come back and analyze the problem. I started thinking about the complicated things and not thought about the simplest ones like a 10cent fuse.

so everything was fine and dandy, happy that i fixed the car. this morning when i was driving back to miami to get back to class, my temp gauge started rising fast. went back home (5 minutes away) and swapped the fan switch and sender unit to my old OEM ones and everything was fine... wasted two hours today

so, for sensors, use OEM- not the advance auto parts crap.

cliff notes:
1. replaced my fan switch and sender unit to try to fix my no radiator fan turning on- still didnt fix it.
2. found the radiator fan problem as a simple fuse under the dash......
3. started driving back for class around 5:30am and my temp gauge rose to 3/4 .... went back home, pissed off, swapped my new fan switch and sender unit to my old OEM ones and drove away.

THE END. thanks again for all the replies!!!

Quick Reply: 93 integra GS. which is the A/C fan and which one is the radiator fan?