Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

weirddd check engine light, can anyone figure this out?!?

Old 03-26-2011, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weirddd check engine light, can anyone figure this out?!?

sooo i got a swapped DA with an obd0 b16. instead of the normal pr3 ecu thats supposed to be with it, there is an ecu for an automatic, still gets the car going and can pop vtec. when i start the car, there isnt a check engline light, not until i drive for a good 5-10 min until the car warms up. THEN, the check engline turns on...it doesnt seem to mess with anything performance wise besides the fact that it starts to idle a tiny bit weird when in neutral. what i mean by that is that it would be at the normal 900ish rpm and then go down to like 300-400 rpm as if the car is about to die but it doesnt and usually corrects itself. the other weird thing that happens when the light turns on is that if im going a constant speed with my foot not moving on the pedal at all, the car seems to "cut off" and sort of slow down and then catch itself, as if its hesitating kind of...anyone have any idea why this lights going on!?!
Old 03-26-2011, 04:30 PM
90% grind 10% sleep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a chipped PR3 for 80$
I TUNE KPRO AND S300
I DO NOT WORK FOR FREE
E-Z OUT BOLT AND STUD EXTRACTOR: A tool ten times harder than any known drill bit that snaps neatly off in bolt holes thereby ending any possible future use.

Originally Posted by THE_ONE
Then stop wasting peoples time, run your car and not your mouth... thats why you will always race slow cars, fast cars race for money....