Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Need Help With Overheating.

Old 08-26-2002, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With Overheating.

in the past couple of days my temp gauge has been reading alittler hotter then usual, and when I put it in neutral and coast ( as if coming to a light ) the temp needle starts to climp rapidly. is this my thermostat or my water pump? the engine even feels hotter to the touch, and my radiator fan stays on pretty much all the time, even after driving if i leave the key in the radiator fan will run for about 10 min to try and cool it down, my engine has never run this hot, and yes i checked my fluids. any help would be great.

-Todd

14.729 @ 94.79
60' 2.424 ( Pep-Boys Tires!! )
Old 08-28-2002, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out it was the thermostat, I replaced it yesturday and no more overheating. I had a water pump installed with the motor so I kinda looked past that. what confused me was the fact that sometime it would oever heat sitting at a light, and sometimes it would overheat under normal driving speeds, sometimes it cooled down at a light. but all fixed now, thanks for the help. Oh yea and after I get my account back up to speed I shall be coming by your shop for some dyno action.

14.729 @ 94.79
60' 2.424 ( Pep-Boys Tires!! )