Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

A preventive? how to?

Old 08-25-2002, 08:11 PM
B16ACRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A preventive? how to?

Just want to know whats the best way to keep bolts from breaking when taking them off say the suspension bolts. I sooo fuxed up . i broke like 4. What did i do wrong? I used a breaker bar the one off my hydrolic jack. the handle and i used penatrating oil and i still busted. I hate that sound know it give me the creeps. its like a klink!! !and iam like ahh shit. :o

*any advise what to do next time?
Old 08-26-2002, 07:05 AM

wholy shit??????
breakin them on the way out.
good lord, usually u break them going in

your tools must be stripped out or something
Old 08-26-2002, 08:53 AM
Skittle on crack!

beats me....I've never heard of breaking them on the way out......only thing I can think of is that they were rusted beyond _______

Cali
Old 08-26-2002, 09:39 AM
I kill 32-bit ECUs

probally corroded out use PB Penetrator is the shiznit.
Anthony
Bicycle: Kawi 636R.

Old 08-26-2002, 10:53 AM
B16ACRX

noway my tools are good and new its all craftmen and they werent rusted. Do you think its because the bolts havent been taken off in like 12 years?
Old 08-26-2002, 11:15 AM
Wherever I may roam...

Originally posted by "civicracer901"

noway my tools are good and new its all craftmen and they werent rusted. Do you think its because the bolts havent been taken off in like 12 years?
sounds about right.

next time use PB blaster, it really is the shit.
and try using impact instead of steady pressure to break the bolts loose, like putting on the breaker bar and hitting it with a mallet, instead of just yanking on it.

any body that breaks bolts going in is doing something very wrong, either cross threading them or not paying attention to torque specs.
Old 08-26-2002, 12:32 PM
I kill 32-bit ECUs

Originally posted by "Mr Self Destruct"

rear suspension bolts are always a bitch on Hondas. Never use the impact gun on the rears!

PB Blaster and tapping usually works, if not, you might have to just break them to get them out, and replace them.
Ain't that the truth, i couldn't get them off for the life of me !! i went to 3 different places and asked them if they could take them off i ended up using a torch to heat them up and take them off. and i had to take off the panels so i wouldn't burn them
a 10 minute strut bar install turned into a 3 day event
Anthony
Bicycle: Kawi 636R.

Old 08-26-2002, 02:40 PM
B16ACRX

is there a trick to lining the bolts up cause it took me like 10mins to just liine up one side after i took off the arm that goes from the forks to this arm thing that holds the shocks and goes to the upper part of the car. yea the bolts i broke we ended up replacing but it was hard to find a replacmen at 12am. ANd the car needed to be out by the next day. pain in the butt. next time it will be done easy. thank you kind people for advise.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:11 PM
Tetris on a stick

Originally posted by "speed_daemon1"

something very wrong, either cross threading them or not paying attention to torque specs.
hey taylor, did you say this was reverse-threaded? klink! oh, shit.

i know it was loosening, but that was funny.