Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

car bogs over 2krshared_pm....with clutch engaged

Old 08-04-2010, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car bogs over 2krshared_pm....with clutch engaged

This problem just started. With the car out of gear, it'll rev without any problems. However, if the car is in gear with the clutch engaged, it'll bog after reaching 2-2.5krshared_pm. After the rshared_pm falls back down to idle, it'll rev again but only to about 2krshared_pm before it bogs again. Anyone have had any similar issues before? What was the cause?
Old 08-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Kiss Mi Ras!!!!!!

Could be map sensor ,tps,dizzy going back,ecu issues,fuel pump,fuel filter mayber clogged could be the main relay also
JumpManPm me for any needs for a Honda/Acura/Evo. From tune ups to motor builds TR "Old Skool DA" Member #91Still Jokie!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:59 PM

which of those are only affected when the clutch is engaged? Without the clutch engaged, the car revs freely without any issues.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Kiss Mi Ras!!!!!!

All of them lol it prob something little and stupid
JumpManPm me for any needs for a Honda/Acura/Evo. From tune ups to motor builds TR "Old Skool DA" Member #91Still Jokie!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:14 AM

Here's the exact same problem I'm having with the car: "when the chek engine light is on it runs like a champ. but recently the CEL isnt on and the car wont rev past 2000-2500 rshared_pm. just bogs back down to idle. never stalls though. it feels like i'm just taking my foot off the gas."

I replaced the dizzy bc I had a spare. Opened the dist that was on the car and found the screw to the rotor fell out. I figured the newer dist would solve the problem. After the car warms up.....same problem still.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Kiss Mi Ras!!!!!!

try map sensor r tps is the timing good?