Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

help - code 16... troubleshoot?

Old 07-09-2010, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help - code 16... troubleshoot?

Sup TR,

So i was cruisin after repairing an axle shaft to make sure it was sealed good and decided to romp on the car... went into 1st, then 2nd... and all of a sudden, around 7500 rshared_pm (i was trying to hit the vtec limit which is set for around 8k), the car felts like it shut off: didn't respond, as if the fuel cut off but it didn't feel right...

I let of the gas and tried to re-accelerate and found out that right around 3.5k, the care bogs down (ie: no more throttle response sensation)... and engine light came on. So decided to go back home. On way home car drove fine under 3.5k (no boggin down, throotle response felt normal) but as soon as i hit the 3.5k, the tachometer freaks out, loses power if i leave my foot on the gas pedal, and just feels like it putters/bogs... something along those lines. Other than that, care seemed to run fine...

So cruised home and checked the light. 1 long, 6 short = code 16. Fuel Injectors. NO other codes...

This is an ls-vtec (b16 head, b18b bttm), so wanted to confirm that any stock OEM injectors from b16 (si) or b18 (ls or gsr) ought to work?! correct? please someone confirm this before i get them from dealership.

Also, anyone got a DIY on how to change them!? never done it myself yet.

I Hope that this will fix the problem... car starts fine btw, haven't really driven it since i got the code, but doesn't seem to run on 3 cylinders etc... I did some research and saw peeps mention main relay problems or dizzy as source of the code... I have no idea!

I'll first change the injectors and then hope that I can rev up higher than 3.5 like before... I'll take it from there if that doesn't solve it.

any thoughts? anyone have similar pb and what fixed it?

thanks.

EDIT: Soooo, As i started the car to park it, I noticed the engine light was gone... I decided to go down the road and rev it... nothign happened, went into 1st and 2nd past 6k without a problem and no engine light... WEIRD...

Could the fuel injectors simply be "dirty" and need cleaning?
Or could it be somehting else?

leaving for Texas for the next few weeks, so won't be able to do nothing to the car until i get back... Not sure if i should get new injectors or not...

damn honda's!!
-=- EG Cr3w #4 -=-

Last edited by jojo69; 07-09-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:05 PM
1LowSi is a white guy

sounds to me like a main relay is freaking out but it may be a radom inj staying closed due to a voltage drop at WOT

ALL d/B inj are the same for OBD1

just go to the junk yard and buy like 2 main relays it is always good to have a back up set of inj and main relay

it may be dizzy but i doubt it do a tune up before u go to texas

cap, rotor, plugs, wires, and fuel filter it will also give u better fuel milage on ur trip

VOUCHES on H-T(jdmh22eg2) :neophyte210, RhdRicheeee, russlavoilette,lzylst

Orlandoforums (ThatWhiteGuy) -- Anyone

I LIVE IN DAYTONA BEACH
Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 PM

Boost Lab Turbo & Fuel Injection - Tampa Racing

Fixes Injectors
813-988-DYNO(3966)
www.ProvenPowerTampa.com

DYNO TUNING/CUSTOM FAB/METAL POLISHING & PORTING/ENGINE SWAPS
CHIPPING & SOCKETING/ELECTRICAL TROUBLESHOOTING/WIRING
Old 10-12-2010, 11:09 AM

revival from the dead...

What model/car do I look for in order to get main relay? eg's? teg? I have limited choice of junkyards over here, so that info would be helpful. Thanks.

In addition to the symptoms stated in first post, I noticed recently that the car will not "start" when I turn the key occasionally. I need to wiggle the car left/right and then it starts...

Other note: isn't there any other injectors from another brand say mitsu that can be used in honda? thought i heard that one could use say Talon injectors cuz Ohms were same but better or more optimized fuel dispersion... just wondering...
-=- EG Cr3w #4 -=-

Last edited by jojo69; 10-12-2010 at 11:23 AM.