Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Brake light in 2000 GS-R

Old 06-20-2002, 05:23 PM
Nipplelicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake light in 2000 GS-R

Yeah.. my brake light keeps coming on when my emergency brake isn't on. The first time I noticed it, I was making a hard turn. However, I also just noticed it when I was driving on the interstate. I kept playing with the handle, but the light stayed on - it went off after a couple minutes.

Something else I noticed - may be related, may not be. Coming home today, I noticed a left-to-right motion... could've been wind, and I'm just paranoid.

Anyone?

edit: the brake light in gauge cluster.. .not the brake lights in the back of the car... sorry
Old 06-20-2002, 05:40 PM
is cooler than you

Sounds like some messed up wiring to me. Left to right motion??? You mean it felt like the car would kinda shimmy back and forth a little??? If so, I get the same thing on a real windy day sometimes.

Old 06-21-2002, 05:51 AM
Kung Fu Hustler

HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY! (or so I think) I had the exact same problem Jeff, Check your Brake resevoir and make sure its filled to the line that says full. If the fluid level is even half way the light will come on intermittently. After I did that it never came back. Give it a whirl
John Whizz1800:Mugen =136 ft lbs

AIM: Shinmantis