Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

cable to hydro...

Old 06-16-2002, 03:49 PM
All Aboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cable to hydro...

alright, as some of you know i just acquired a crashed del sol. its a 94 and it has a hydro tranny, now my dad wants to use this transmission with his zc in his 89 crx. now i know there is a conversion kit that can be purchased for a few hundred, however i was wondering if the conversion could be done without buying the kit...in other words, using everything from the del sol and swapping it into his crx. has anyone done this or is it too difficult to attempt.

also, this car had a wheel lock on each wheel. now initially i was wondering what i was going to do as i couldn't find the key, but my dad just brought out a chisel and hammer and took them off with ease. are wheel locks really going to stop someone from stealing your wheels?

also, i have parts for sale, like a del sol top, rotors, power steering rack, front calipers, a single core radiator, full ac setup and a d16z6 with 150k miles on it. however i'm in ct so i doubt anyone wants to buy a d16z and have it shipped all the way to florida, anyway, if you're interested let me know.
Old 06-16-2002, 08:18 PM
BRT OVERKILL

hey chett, you can convert cable to hydro, but not hydro to cable, unless he wants to fabricate lines and put all the related parts from the hydro on to the crx, but it would be a huge pain.....
Old 06-17-2002, 07:09 AM

www.hasport.com
Old 06-18-2002, 05:57 AM
KJ
bored at work

I think place racing used to sell a kit for this. I remember Collin had it on his crx for a while but he said he didn't like because the pedal was way too stiff or something like that.