Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

MSD6A wiring

Old 05-20-2002, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an MSD6A ignition that im not sure how to wire. i also have the fireball exteranl coil with the distributor cap. so far i know where most of thw wires go except for 2 of them. i know the 2 that go to the external coil the 2 that go to the battery and thats about it. there is a small white and a small red wire that i dont know what to do with. and about the distributor cap do i just replace the 2 and thats it? do i leave the stock coil in there? any help will be appreciated i tried looking on the msd site already so please dont say that. thanks
Old 05-21-2002, 06:10 AM
BRT OVERKILL

I can show you how to hook it up its easy give me a call.....I have an msd 6btm/cap/coil.....you will understand fully once you look at mine......

Only babies drink from bottles...
Boosted 00 Si
N/A 93 HB b16/18
Old 05-21-2002, 07:04 AM
Kung Fu Hustler

I Have a 6AL the wiring is probably almost the same so here it goes. The black wire and orange wire go to the coil. THe red and white wire your referring to will hook up inside your dist where the coil is located. You will be disconnecting and removinge the internal coil and wiring the red and white wires to the prongs where the positive and negative coil wires are connected( I believe). Youll have to make sure that the new red and white wires are out of harms way of the rotor once you put that back on. And speaking of the rotor unless your lucky that rotor screw is gonna be a bitch and a half to take out I had to get somone to cut the rotor screw so I could use a flat head. On that note the Screw isnt a normal phillips head. Its what they call a Posi-Drive screw so dont go using a Phillips screwdriver for it or youll mess it up like I did. Go and get yourself a Posi-Drive screwdriver and youll probably have less of a headache than I did. You can pick on up at sears I imagine. After that put on the new dist and hook up the (sparkplug wire?) to the new male connector on the dist cap and run it to the coil. And you should be all set. If I missed anything or if something is wrong somone please correct me. Also having a service manual kinda helps
John Whizz1800:Mugen =136 ft lbs

AIM: Shinmantis
Old 05-23-2002, 08:03 AM
BRT OVERKILL

dave bring beer and I will do it.....

Only babies drink from bottles...
Boosted 00 Si
N/A 93 HB b16/18
Old 05-23-2002, 08:18 AM

haha thanks patrick i probably would did that a few days ago but i already figured it out...feels nice compared to stock
Old 05-29-2002, 07:09 PM

I think you are the right guy what kind of turbo kit are you running 99b16si? If you dont mind telling me. Just pm me back.

thanks

Scott