Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Alarm System

Old 05-01-2002, 02:55 PM
just blaze...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im curious to know what is the best alarm system that there is for a 1994 Honda Civic LX I need something that really works well and for an affordable price just about three weeks ago I got robbed. I need to know this so that way it wont happen again.

Old 05-01-2002, 02:56 PM
is cooler than you

Any alarm will do for your car.....just do some research and find what works for you best. I have an Alpine alarm. Works fine. No ones broken into it yet. *knocks on wood* But these days an alarm still wont stop people from stealing your shit. Its sad.

Old 05-01-2002, 03:04 PM

Integra chic that is the most anoying picture. Its reallly getting to me ever time i read your post. heh!
Old 05-01-2002, 05:18 PM
is cooler than you

Thats Ali G!!!! Hes the man!

Old 05-02-2002, 04:37 AM

What you have to understand is that an alarm is a very simple device. It is basiclly a box that you turn on and off by a remote and it has inputs and outputs. The inputs are what trigger the alarm such as the domelight switch when the doors are opened the hatch/trunk switch or the pin switch that you would add under the hood incase it is opened. The other inputs are for sensor such as shock or motion sensors. Most alarms are compatible with he newer 2 stage sensors. 2 stage sensors are basically 2 units with separate adjustments in one case. The first stage is set very sensitive and when it tripped it makes the alarm do 3-5 simple chirps. When the 2nd stage is tripped (like some one hit the car triggereing the shock sensor) it will set of the siren.
The alarm outputs has different outputs the main one is the one to drive the siren others would dive a relay that disconnects the starter when the alarm is armed. Others might flash the parking lights and others could control your power door locks.
Alarms are only as good as the sensors that are connected. An inexpensive alarm will work as good as the best Viper as long as it is installed right with the same sensors. I would recommend an Excalibur alarm. I have installed nearly 50 of these and never had a problem with them. In fact I just installed one in my wifes new car. I bought the Excalibur AL1000 alarm off ebay for $49.95. It has most everything you need for installation including a 2 stage shock sensor and some of the sellers on ebay will even give you a list of the wire colors codes and where to find them for your car (your Civic). PM me if you have any other questions.

God I hate Mullets!!!