Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

VTEC head on LS engine? who sells the equipmetn

Old 04-17-2002, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to put a Vtec head on my LS as that would be a finishing touch but want to see what i need to get or do are the cams okay things like that if anyone is willing to help or anything let me know thanks alot
Old 04-17-2002, 12:50 PM

Go to www.Hybrid.honda-perf.org ..do a serch for lsvtec and it will give you everthing you need to know
Old 04-17-2002, 03:42 PM

before u slap together a low 14 poss some 13 teens. u may want to learn some more about cars. dont go getting in over ur head.
ls to ls/vtec is a big change. and being more high performance means more MAINTANANCE.!!!
Old 04-18-2002, 11:12 AM

how do you know this? have you done this yourself before i ll be at bmp tonight in a blue kitted integra
thanks
Old 04-19-2002, 09:46 AM
BRT OVERKILL

Yeah jay is now on his second lsvtec build with my help when I met him he didnt know anything either and got himself in way over his head. It is not as simple a putting a vtec head on an ls and saying work I would advise having someone do the work for you there is the matter of the head/head gasket/rebuild the block from the ground up(or you will be building another lsvtec soon) plugging a hole in the head tapping another hole in the head for the new oil line head gasket hone & deck the block possibly mill the head if you want wire up new vtec wires to the ecu(which you will also need a vtec ecu) new rod bolts head studs machine the rods and have the pistons swapped out for some better ones etc etc etc.....do some research your cams have nothing to do with a head swap as the cams are in the head which is what would be swapped out. Expect to pay well over a grand if you want it done right otherwise there are reliability issues......

Only babies drink from bottles...
Boosted 00 Si
N/A 93 HB b16/18
Old 04-19-2002, 11:39 AM

Thanks alot for the info. I am running pretty good at the moment 14s but i just need that extra thing to get me there. i figured the lsvtec as cheaper that of a turbo but it sounds as though hybrid is not very reliable. Id ask a guy (velocity motorsports) to do it just needed some info before i need a whole new engine. Are you going to club 1320 tonite? I ll be there around 9:30 blue integra apr wing ect combat kit. Thanks alot its still underconsideration after visiting the website but probs turbo but everybody says that so who knows?