Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Window motors, slow window, window randomly stops

Old 11-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Registered Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window motors, slow window, window randomly stops

Whats the deal here? My window started going slow to where I would have to wait for it to get up and the other side is already closed. Then it stopped working. Ordered a new window motor $150 later. Day before it arrives the window decided to go back up but only so far and needed a helping hand to push it up. I figure the motor is done. I get the new motor and I take the old one out and off the assembly and hook it back up it runs fine! The new window motor was only half a second faster at making the full crank from window up to window down. I adjusted it the best I could and it worked fine but still seems like once it got half way something was putting some friction on it but it went. Then tonight it wont go up at all, all of a sudden. After playing with the button it moved enough to grab with fingers and pull it up and the motor was slowly working its way but needed the extra help. Whats the deal here? I'm starting to think its something with the track randomly hanging up or some stupid voltage change. Can anyone help me figure out whats wrong?
Old 11-21-2009, 08:36 AM

especially when its slightly colder to right? i was thinking maybe the track needs some kind of lubricant? might be dry idk. WD-40 or grease idk?
Old 11-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Registered Hater

Originally Posted by Jogunz
especially when its slightly colder to right? i was thinking maybe the track needs some kind of lubricant? might be dry idk. WD-40 or grease idk?
Yeah its when its cold it seems. Why? Doesnt make sense. I'll try greasing up the track again I hope it works.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Living in Black & White..

gl man cuz that one of the reasons why i dont like pw.. but its a necessary evil...

Old 11-22-2009, 07:50 AM

Is it on a EK chasis?
Old 11-22-2009, 07:54 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

wire connection? maybe there is an inconsistent short somewhere in the harness?

my former 94 EX Coupe had this problem. Replaced the motor and it was still kind of slow and I started thinking it may have been a wiring issue. Never got to hunt it down because I sold it.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 11-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Registered Hater

Originally Posted by lzylst
Is it on a EK chasis?
yep
Old 11-22-2009, 01:11 PM
isn't actually rich...

Had the same problem on my old teg. Thought it was the motor going, but I just greased the hell out of the track and it rolled up faster than ever.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:11 PM
In the making...

I have this problem in my EG coupe. Passenger side is a bitch. I got new door panels and put them on but the little black thing thats on the top of the door panel and kinda seals the window it was missing and I noticed it made a difference but not too much. Im not sure what the issue could be either but hopefully someone will know lol
need to fill ur vtec fluid back up, thats why, its located in the back of the block, the little black box.
^^Lmao this shit was just funny
Old 11-22-2009, 09:39 PM
rocktastic

It's probably grease &/or track is out of alignment. I had to screw with the track on my em1 a few times before I finally fixed this problem.