Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

O2 Sensor bad

Old 09-22-2009, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 Sensor bad

Hey guys,
I own a 1999 honda civic dx (y7), about a year ago i changed the exhaust manifold to a dc sports 4-2-1 header... Anyways as im sure a lot of you know, a catalytic converter was put under the car and the O2 wiring was extended. Now when this was done, a guy did the wiring, which turned out to be a complete mess and on and off my CEL would come on. Eventually I sorted out the wiring he did and got it all together and my CEL stayed off for prob two months and then started coming on and off again.. It stoped for maybe a month and now I cant go for prob most two days dailying without it comming on.
But the problem that I have is every now and then my car almost like lightly studders, or if im in whatever gear maybe 3rd or higher, sometimes it will hit a certain speed and just kind of hold itself back, no matter how much i press on the gas, rpms stay the same unless i lift off...That normally last maybe all of 1 to 2 seconds... So im wondering is it my o2 wiring and sensor that is causing this... That studder i can feel right before the CEL would come on, as soon as it came on it would run alright, but not the best. If i disconnect my battery and then drive my car with the CEL off it runs like a champ almost all the time..
I dont beat on this car, I normally take it easy but once in a blue moon ill drive it hard for all of 2 mins tops....
Maybe a related thing is every now and then if im usually in 1st or low 2nd gear my engine ( no accesories or lights, etc.) loses all its power,, and my speedometer just drops no matter if i hit the gas to the floor or not and then it will come on again before I slow down too much....This has happend maybe ten times since I got the exhaust header....

SORRY FOR THE BOOK I WROTE HERE, BUT I TRIED TO BE REALLY SPECIFIC TO NARROW IT DOWN......
THANKS TO ANYONE WHO TAKES THE TIME TO READ THIS, AND FOR ANY HELP YOU MAY PROVIDE

SNGL_CAM
Old 09-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Registered Hater

i know my O2 sensor is bad the one in the header. Car runs kinda sluggish and if I push the gas down all the way in like 5th gear it wont move anywhere lol maybe its because my car only has like 127Hp to the crank at like 6500rpm idk. my car is so slow though. i use the sensor as the excuse i'm too lazy to fix it and idk if O2 sensors from a teg and a civic are the same or what.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Yoo!!!!!

i dunno but i know when my primary o2 went out it didnt run bad it just threw a code so i went and bought a brand new cheap peice of fuckin shit hell 100 dollor bosch o2 (dont buy that kind) that sucked fuckin ass lol and then it ran so weak and sluggish so i put the bad oem one back in